Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookies Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • However, I really couldn't afford to spend any money frivolously, so I decided to pass on the cookies
  • I found exactly what I was looking for in the Favorite Brand Name Bake Sale Cookbook
  • Making the cookies wasn't complicated at all, and I thought the time I put into making them really paid off
  • The marshmallow-flavored cream filling was delicious with the chocolate chip cookies
  • They were definitely very sweet, but I didn't think they were over the top sweet

• by Davis Tucker

When I’m at the mall, the aroma of freshly baked cookies coming from the food court is usually almost irresistible. Every once in a while I’ll buy a couple of cookies, but they’re usually outrageously priced, so I always feel guilty about splurging later. Recently when I was passing by the food court, I saw some chocolate chip sandwich cookies on display that I really wanted to try. However, I really couldn’t afford to spend any money frivolously, so I decided to pass on the cookies. Instead, I decided to go home and look up what I thought would be similar recipes. I found exactly what I was looking for in the Favorite Brand

Name Bake Sale Cookbook. I found a recipe for Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookies under the “Chock-Full of Chips” section. I decided to make them, because I felt a lot less guilty about spending money to make an entire batch of cookies verses 2 cookies from the mall.

Here are the ingredient lists for the cookies and the cream filling: Cookies: 1 package of Duncan Hines Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix 1 egg 1/3 cup of Crisco Oil or Crisco Puritan Canola Oil 3 tablespoons of water

Cream Filling: 1 1/2 cups of marshmallow creme 3/4 cup of butter or margarine, softened 2 1/2 cups of confectioners sugar 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract

Here are the instructions:

First, preheat the oven ...

• to 375 degrees. For the cookies, combine the cookie mix, egg, oil and water in a large bowl. Stir until thoroughly blended. Then, drop by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.

For the cream filling, combine the marshmallow creme and butter in a large bowl and add the confectioners sugar and vanilla extract, beating until smooth.

To assemble the cookies, spread the bottoms of half of the cookies with 1 tablespoon of the cream filling and top with the remaining cookies. Press together to make the sandwich cookies.

Making the cookies wasn’t complicated at all, and I thought the time I

put into making them really paid off. I thought my cookies looked as good or better than the cookies I was tempted to buy at the mall. I was especially happy when I bit into my first cookie. The marshmallow-flavored cream filling was delicious with the chocolate chip cookies. I was a little concerned that the sandwich cookies might be overwhelmingly sweet, but they weren’t. They were definitely very sweet, but I didn’t think they were over the top sweet. Overall, I loved this recipe, because I thought it provided a great way to make good basic chocolate chip cookies taste outstanding. I’m looking forward to sharing these Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookies at my next family event, because I’m certain they’ll be a huge hit.

C

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4925051485910531/k2311a0525/5.25.11