Pureology Antifade Complex Pure Volume Shampoo  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • I figured it would take the rest of the year to arrive to that point, so I decided it was the perfect time to dress my hair in a different shade
  • So by this time, I found a product that challenged my self-imposed myth about such shampoos being deprived or difficult to lather
  • In another equally despicable issue, I don’t think it helps my hair cope with humidity

• by jhunie

I contemplated before if I should give hair color a shot. For the longest time, I’ve been trying to grow my hair long to a certain length, whereupon I could have my dwindling hair color cut. I figured it would take the rest of the year to arrive to that point, so I decided it was the perfect time to dress my hair in a different shade. I was offered to try Pureology’s antifade complex volumizing shampoo. I liked the pureology product they once pitched to me. At home, I questioned why they suggested to me a volumizing shampoo. I guessed it’s going to help clear my scalp of the traces of dye.

Seeing that my hair color is still fresh, there’s not much I can reveal whether it revives already faded hair color. From the time my hair was permanently dyed, it has always retained its brilliant shade. Up to now, I can see the rich brown tones of

my hair, and I’m able to scrutinize its highlighted sections. It would be a matter of time before those sections lose vibrancy to appear just like the rest of my hair color and, in result, turn multi-colored dye dull. But hair color has been healthy so far with this shampoo. It truly amps up volume too. When I put my hair in a ponytail, my typically pin-straight ends expand a little and fall loosely, rather than seeing my layered haircut crisp, spiky, and not pointing downwards.

I gathered in my recent experiences of using sulfate-free shampoos that they’re generally hard to lather. Maybe that’s what sulfates are for? This shampoo lathered up nicely, until I almost forgot it’s actually free of sulfates. Shampooing with it feels quite as good as sudsy, regular shampoos. So by this time, I found a product that challenged my self-imposed myth about such shampoos being deprived or difficult to lather. It emulates the lather ...

• of a scalp shampoo, but not to the extreme, as in detergents.

One thing I resent most of all about the shampoo, in a sudden change of tone, is that it gives me a lot of static! This gave me one of the worst static-ends-galore moments: you know when you brush your hair at night, with air-conditioning turned on (places of low humidity), and every time you place the brush an inch or so nearer to hair, the strands would stand and stick on the brush like it’s some kind of magnet. Some wisps of hair, such as the fringing bangs, even stick on my face, and anything that generates static electricity dry hair are attracted to. In another equally despicable issue, I don’t think it helps my hair cope with humidity. Under tropical climate, my porous hair can normally bear external conditions. Now I find myself fumbling what styling product I should use at PM to restrain those short strands from waving

and producing a kinky texture. It seems these circumstances are the probable results when strictly-straight hair like mine takes on volume.

If you’re hair was exposed to volumizing products in the past, I’m sure you’d be able to identify with the quality of this shampoo – as described by me. If not, I should make a distinction that volumizing shampoos work like the antithesis of hydrating and smoothing shampoos – the kind I usually use. So I may be paying a premium (this thing costs 24 dollars!) to preserve hair color, which it certainly does, but the destructive effect of the shampoo is slowly stripping all the money I’ve invested in caring my hair. It’s putting my hair at such vulnerable state. For color care and achieving volume, you’d certainly find those in this shampoo. But for people who want formidable hair while keeping it sleek and straight, I am against recommending the product for that matter. In a sense, it’s really not for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3125051485880531/k2311a0525/5.25.11