Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I found this recipe for Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies in the Favorite Brand Name Bake Sale Cookbook under the Chock-Full of Chips section
  • I usually make oatmeal cookies with raisins, and this recipe calls for butterscotch chips, so I thought it sounded interesting
  • Plus, this cookbook rarely lets me down, so I decided to try them
  • These cookies were surprisingly not very difficult to make, and they smelled absolutely delicious when they came out of the oven
  • I thought the butterscotch and oatmeal together were a great combination

• by Davis Tucker

I found this recipe for Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies in the Favorite Brand Name Bake Sale Cookbook under the “Chock-Full of Chips” section. At the time, I wanted to make cookies, but I wanted to make something a little unusual. I usually make oatmeal cookies with raisins, and this recipe calls for butterscotch chips, so I thought it sounded interesting. Plus, this cookbook rarely lets me down, so I decided to try them.

Here are the ingredients necessary to make Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies:

3/4 cup of butter or margarine, softened 3/4 cup of granulated sugar 3/4

cup of packed light brown sugar 2 eggs 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract 1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon of baking soda 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon of salt 3 cups of quick-cooking or regular rolled oats 1 2/3 cups (10 ounce package) of Hershey’s Butterscotch Chips

Here are the directions:

First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Then, beat the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl until well blended. Add the eggs and vanilla and blend thoroughly. Next, stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt,

• and gradually add to the butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in the oats and butterscotch chips and mix well. Drop by teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown.

These cookies were surprisingly not very difficult to make, and they smelled absolutely delicious when they came out of the oven. I couldn’t wait to try them. My only concern was that they might taste a little too sweet due to the addition of the butterscotch chips. Actually, that wasn’t the case at all.

The cookies tasted as delicious as they smelled. The butterscotch chips seemed to add just the right amount of sweetness to the cookies without being overwhelming. I thought the butterscotch and oatmeal together were a great combination.

I’ve made a lot of great recipes from the Favorite Brand Name Bake Sale Cookbook, but this recipe for Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies has become one of my new favorites. The cookies are made from scratch, but the recipe is very easy to follow, and the end result was terrific. I’m looking forward to finding an excuse for making them again soon and sharing them with my friends.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4925051485870531/k2311a0525/5.25.11