Italian Style Meat Balls Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I bought a container of Vigo Italian Style Bread Crumbs with Imported Romano Cheese from my local grocery store, because I wanted to use them to make a meatloaf
  • As a matter of fact, it was the simplest meatball recipe I've found, so I decided to try them
  • I thought it would be a good basic recipe to use to make meatball subs for dinner
  • Combined with marinara sauce, provolone cheese and fresh Italian bread, I thought they made delicious meatball subs
  • I highly recommend this recipe for anyone who wants a good basic starter recipe for meatballs

• by Davis Tucker

I bought a container of Vigo Italian Style Bread Crumbs with Imported Romano Cheese from my local grocery store, because I wanted to use them to make a meatloaf. The meatloaf turned out great, but I had a lot of extra bread crumbs, and I wasn’t sure what to do with them. The back of the container had what appeared to be an easy recipe for Italian Style Meat Balls. As a matter of fact, it was the simplest meatball recipe I’ve found, so I decided to try

them. I thought it would be a good basic recipe to use to make meatball subs for dinner.

Here is the ingredient list:

3/4 pound of ground beef 3/4 pound of ground pork 1 cup of Vigo Italian Style Seasoned Bread Crumbs 2 eggs

To make the meatballs, simply combine the ground beef, pork, bread crumbs and eggs together and mix well. Then mold into meatballs and fry in Vigo Pure Olive Oil until the meat is thoroughly cooked.

It turned out that my instincts were right about choosing this recipe to ...

• make meatballs. The seasoned bread crumbs added a really nice flavor to the meatballs that was complementary rather than overpowering. It’s a very basic recipe, but that’s one of the reasons I chose to use it. The meatballs seemed to have just the right amount of seasoning for my purpose. Combined with marinara sauce, provolone cheese and fresh Italian bread, I thought they made delicious meatball subs. I think this would also be a great meatball recipe to use to make a nice spaghetti dinner.

I’m

definitely filing this recipe for Italian Style Meat Balls in the front of my recipe box. I have a feeling it’s going to be a recipe that I’ll refer to often. The next time I make them, I may try adding a few chopped onions and maybe a little garlic, but other than that, I thought the recipe was great. Sometime it pays to read the recipes provided on the back of products purchased from the grocery store. I highly recommend this recipe for anyone who wants a good basic starter recipe for meatballs.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4925051485860531/k2311a0525/5.25.11