Loreal Elseve Nutri-Gloss Light Caring Shampoo
  • When I bought the conditioner I also noticed that they had the travel sized version of the shampoo for only S$1.99
  • Well even though I normally try not to try other shampoos I thought of just giving it a try and after all it wasn’t a big bottle nor did it cost a lot so I decided to buy it too
  • However I found that the shampoo is not suitable for daily use
  • I think that the Loreal shampoo might be more suitable for those with extremely oily scalp and hair or for someone like me with who can use it once a week to clarify their hair and scalp

• by true_value

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

I have oily and extremely sensitive scalp. The only shampoo that does not irritate my scalp and I find suitable for daily use is the Dove Daily Shine Shampoo. When it comes to shampoos I try not to switch to any other brands because I had done that many a times but always had to come back to Dove because for me there just isn’t anything that works better than the Dove Daily Shine Shampoo.

But I do switch up my conditioners a lot because the matching conditioner from Dove does not work well for me and also doing so helps me break from the monotonous hair care routine and I do love to try out new products.

Recently while I was out to get a new conditioner I saw the Loreal Elseve Nutri-Gloss Light Caring conditioner at the drugstore and decided to give it

a try. This seems to be the lighter version of their regular Nutri-Gloss shampoo and conditioner that comes in a pink bottle. When I bought the conditioner I also noticed that they had the travel sized version of the shampoo for only S$1.99. Well even though I normally try not to try other shampoos I thought of just giving it a try and after all it wasn’t a big bottle nor did it cost a lot so I decided to buy it too.

The shampoo comes in a cute pink bottle with a flip top cap. On the front label it mentions that the Nutri-Gloss Light Shampoo has shine boosters with Pearl Proteins and Citrus. The shampoo is suitable for greasy hair that is dull and lacking shine. The claim that appealed most to me is that its claim to give clean and light feel ...

• with mirror shine and cashmere touch.

At the back of the bottle Loreal mentions that the active elements concentrated in Pearl Protein give hair brilliant shine and resistance of precious pearls combined with citrus known for its purifying properties and that together, the formula delivers a dual action. That it frees the hair of deposits whilst smoothing and cleansing the fiber so it accumulates less impurities, that gives balanced nutrition from root to tip without overloading the hair.

The shampoo has a lovely pink shimmery pearly look and smells wonderful. It smells like fruits and flowers. I was so excited to use it. The shampoo lathers well and also rinses easily but even while shampooing I could feel that the shampoo was making my hair a bit stripped and when I rinsed it my hair felt squeaky clean.

I did follow it with the matching conditioner. Once dry my

hair felt really soft, shiny, fresh and light. I also loved that the fragrance stays on for a while and does not have that shampoo fragrance that most other hair products have.

I was also happy that the shampoo did not irritate my sensitive scalp. However I found that the shampoo is not suitable for daily use. I have oily scalp and I have to wash my hair everyday and when I used the Loreal Elseve Nutri-Gloss Light Caring Shampoo my hair became quite dry and rough.

I have switched back to my beloved Dove Daily Therapy Shampoo. I think that the Loreal shampoo might be more suitable for those with extremely oily scalp and hair or for someone like me with who can use it once a week to clarify their hair and scalp.

7hereviewer gmail.com says :

re : When I bought the conditioner I also noticed that they had the travel sized version of the shampoo for only S$1.99
    I regularly buy this shampoo because I really like it, it makes my hair feel shiny and smooth and it keeps it clean for several days. It is of a very nice pearly pink colour. I usually buy it when it is on sale and then the 300ml version cost 1.99Euro in most Italian stores.

7hereviewer gmail.com says :

re : However I found that the shampoo is not suitable for daily use
    I agree with that, I use this shampoo every three or even four days I never tried using eat daily. It works perfect for me when I use it twice a week.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3124051485510531/k2311a0524/5.24.11