MD Formulations Facial Cleanser All Skin Types (With Glycolic Acid)  » Cosmetics  »
  • After trying all kinds of facial cleansers and not getting much help with my pore size and uneven skin tone I decided to give the MD Formulations Facial Cleanser for All Skin Types with Glycolic Acid
  • The cost of it is on the expensive side and the brand is definitely high end
  • In fact I found the cleanser to be gentler than any other cleanser that I have used
  • The best part about this cleanser is that it really makes my pores appear so much smaller and less visible
  • I very highly recommend this cleanser to anyone with sensitive, oily and acne prone skin or to just anyone who wants to have a clear complexion and help with clogged pores

• by true_value

After trying all kinds of facial cleansers and not getting much help with my pore size and uneven skin tone I decided to give the MD Formulations Facial Cleanser for All Skin Types with Glycolic Acid.

I have read so much about how Glycolic Acid can help exfoliate skin with every use and that it is very helpful for acne prone and that it is also anti ageing. Well, since I have never used a Glycolic Acid product I didn’t really know where to start. I was searching all over the net for information and found tons of companies that make and sell these products. Most of the brands were unheard of by me.

I came across a website selling the MD Formulations cleanser. The brand name seemed familiar and had a clinical feel to it. On further research I gathered that it is made by the brand Bare Escentuals that makes high

end mineral makeup that are quite popular and reputed.

I saw that the MD Formulation Facial Cleanser comes in two variations one with and the other without glycolic acid. At first I was very worried because the Glycolic Acid content in the cleanser of 12% which is fairly high for a first time user because as far as I have read the first time user is supposed to start with 5% then gradually increase to 10% and then go on to higher depending on how their skin reacts to the acid.

After a lot of thinking I decided to take the plunge because even though it has a relatively high percentage of Glycolic Acid MD Formulations describes it as a gentle, light-lathering cleanser that rinses away daily residue, makeup and oil. And that the Glycolic compound gently exfoliates surface skin cells to reveal softer, smoother and healthier-looking skin and that it is suitable for all skin types.

The cleanser comes in a large 250ml (8.3 fl. Oz) cylindrical plastic bottle with a screw cap. It has a clinical feel to it with a white and silver pattern. The bottle comes in a box packaging. The cost of it is on the expensive side and the brand is definitely high end. The 250ml bottle cost me $45.00.

On the box the cleanser is described to have 12% Glycolic Compound, pH balanced, Dermatologist tested, Non-comedogenic, Allergy tested and Fragrance Free.

The cleanser does carry a sunburn alert and suggests using SPF15 or higher protection while using the product and for a week after. The ingredients list was pretty short with only 9 ingredients of which two are parabens, two types of alcohol, Glycolic acid, water and a cleansing agent.

The cleanser itself is pearly white and has the consistency of a semi opaque lotion. The texture of it reminded me of Cetaphil Gentle ...

• MD Formulations Facial Cleanser All Skin Types (With Glycolic Acid)
      Cleanser and it has no smell whatsoever. As per the instructions I took a blob in my palm and massaged my face with it without using any water or wetting my face. Just as mentioned I felt a tingly sensation which felt slightly prickly at first but became less noticeable afterwards. After massaging for a minute I added water and at this point it lathered a bit and then I rinsed it off.

To be honest when I first used it I was quite apprehensive about how my skin might react to it since I have extremely sensitive skin. But fortunately it did not irritate my skin at all. In fact I found the cleanser to be gentler than any other cleanser that I have used. It does not strip my skin. My skin does not feel dry or flakey at all.

My skin feels smooth and less oily. The best

part about this cleanser is that it really makes my pores appear so much smaller and less visible. At first I was concerned if this was really cleaning my face since it does not foam and I was actually using a foaming cleanser first and then following up with the MD Formulation but I soon realized that it was not necessary and only dried my skin.

I have been using the cleanser twice everyday once in the morning and once at night and I have to say my skin have not looked so good in a long time. I am really glad I bought this cleanser and it is so worth the money because it is a huge bottle and will last me a long time.

I very highly recommend this cleanser to anyone with sensitive, oily and acne prone skin or to just anyone who wants to have a clear complexion and help with clogged pores.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3124051485380531/k2311a0524/5.24.11