Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • Without nitpicking the ingredients, I bought a trial size of the moisturizer
  • It feels closer to that of Estee Lauder, something I consider an ideal quality for moisturizers, over the jello and water-based sort in Clinique’s moisture surge, which is an spf-free moisturizer I am currently using
  • I like it, in a way, because the cream doesn’t feel thick on the face
  • Paying close attention to its ingredients, I found out it contained salicylic acid
  • For the first time, I ran across a Clinique item to speak ill of, and I could not recommend

• by jhunie

In the hopes of reversing acne scars, I bet on another Clinique product. The Even Better skin tone correcting moisturizer, aside from the obvious claim of improving skin tone, also promises to help diminish acne scars. I just stumbled upon it online. Without nitpicking the ingredients, I bought a trial size of the moisturizer. What’s the fuss? It’s just a 3 dollar item I fished out of ebay. If only I gave it some forethought and did my own research, I wouldn’t pay the price later.

I stopped using the moisturizer shortly, since it caused my skin to react no sooner than I saw the results it promised. Had I continued to dab this over my acne-scars longer, I probably could discuss the skin tone correcting effect of the product in length and maybe see changes. With the little time I spent, though,

I could only mention that the cream did nothing more beyond moisturizing. My face still shows indelible acne scars, which are now reduced to spots, my bleaching cream failed to erase completely. I was thinking Even Better might help if bleaching the scars no longer worked, but it didn’t.

If I could take it out of the jar unlabelled, there’s no mistaking the moisturizer absolutely appears like ordinary sunscreen. The cream is dyed in white and very opaque. I attribute that to the moisturizer’s rather generous grade of sun protection at spf 20. When it comes to the cream’s texture, conversely, it is a standard moisturizer. It feels closer to that of Estee Lauder, something I consider an ideal quality for moisturizers, over the jello and water-based sort in Clinique’s moisture surge, which is an spf-free moisturizer I am currently using. The cream has ...

• no fragrant smell (fragrance-free); although, I can make out a chemical odor reminiscent of anti-acne products.

Under mineral makeup, the moisturizer (like everything else really) tends to compete with my oily skin. Well Clinique’s products generally lean toward dry skin types, and I haven’t seen a moisturizer for oily skin, with spf. So my choice was bent on the former. I like it, in a way, because the cream doesn’t feel thick on the face. Oil-control is not great, but easily solved by blotting the shine out. Despite my disapproving oiliness and subjective opinion of the product, this is a good moisturizing day cream that boasts a high level of sun protection.

The “forfeit” of my impulsive decision to buy the product transpired later after probably 2 weeks of using it. My face was clear prior to using the cream, then came inconspicuous tiny whiteheads that

matured into zits. I broke out. After much deliberation, I was impelled by the urgency of the situation and found myself googling the product. Paying close attention to its ingredients, I found out it contained salicylic acid. Gotcha! My face hates salicylic acid. It remains way above my head why Clinique adds that to a moisturizing cream. Going deeper into my investigation, the cream is said to exfoliate the skin. That’s something I never experienced while using it and scary too in light of the cream’s purpose for daytime use. A product is absolutely off-limits by me if it causes my skin to purge. Indeed, I paid the price, but fortunate me, I didn’t spend all-out on this purported skin tone correcting moisturizer. For the first time, I ran across a Clinique item to speak ill of, and I could not recommend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3124051485320531/k2311a0524/5.24.11