Samsung Corby II  » Phones  »
2.5
  • That fact alone kinda sucked (I know, I should have made a research but unfortunately, my mom could not really tell the difference so she just bought whatever it is that she saw cool)

• by Shuyi

I just got myself a Samsung Corby II for summer. My mother bought it for me, I was actually expecting it to be quite a phone that says “I’ll rock your world!”, however, that wasn’t quite my first impression! Samsung Corby II is way over rated. Sure, if you’re one of those regular users who just wants the “usual” stuff such as wifi with widgets (like google, facebook, twitter etc.) then this phone isn’t so bad. But for the not-so-ordinary and picky user like me, Samsung Corby II looked so mediocre.

Sure, the exterior, looks polished even if it was plastic, it looked sturdy, but other than that, it’s just another phone worth going down the drain. I should have bought that galaxy mini instead.

Anyhow, it doesn’t really come with any of those cool operating systems such as android. That fact alone kinda sucked (I know, I should have made a research but unfortunately, my mom could not really tell the difference so she just bought whatever it is that she saw cool). Since it didn’t come with a cool operating ...

• system, there wasn’t much room for customization, there were no themes, no cool animations among others. However, it does have basic widgets such as a Buddy App, Facebook, Twitter and Google. The phone can be swiped to reveal other screens but the animation had a slight delay in it which really pissed me off. The big let down of Samsung Corby II is it’s input mechanism, it doesn’t have one those qwerty keypad. It just has this traditional keyboard from monolithic phones. But still, it’s quite decent.

For the camwhores out

there who love to take pictures of themselves, the only thing that Samsung Corby II can offer is a 2 megapixel camera. So, you can already imagine low quality, white washed photos to be uploaded on facebook. The videos are also in QVGA, which is only good very small screens. Watching the videos in a larger screen would just make it unusable.

I have mixed feelings with Samsung Corby II, but I’ll have to settle with the “It sucks for me” verdict. Ordinary users may find it enough, but not for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3724051485220431/k2311a0524/5.24.11