Lloyd Center ice rink  » Entertainment  »
953 Lloyd center Portland, OR 97232
  • After getting our skates on, we still needed somewhere to put our shoes, but lockers cost $0.75 and there is a sign that says items not in lockers are subject to confiscation
  • There are employees who skate around and help people that have fallen and make sure that everyone is skating the right way (counter clockwise), which I found extremely helpful and made me feel safer as I was skating
  • Next time, I'll definitely remember to bring some of my own food- and learn to tie my own skates

• by criticalthinker

Lloyd center mall hosts a variety of entertaining activities for the entire family, and one of these great activities is Ice Skating in their personal ice rink. After paying a $10 fee (admission and skate rentals) we went downstairs to get skates, and put them on in a locker area. The people that gave us skates were friendly, but did nothing in the way of offer to help when we weren’t sure how to put on skates.

When I did ask, they

seemed almost upset at having to help someone. After getting our skates on, we still needed somewhere to put our shoes, but lockers cost $0.

75 and there is a sign that says “items not in lockers are subject to confiscation”. We were forced to pay the $0.

75, since there are no other storage places and if you happen to forget something, you have to repay to open your locker again. Not a good system.

We then went upstairs into the actual ice ...

• rink and had a lot of fun skating. People of all different ability levels were skating and it was fun to see one girl who was doing twists and spins and other crazy skating moves.

There are employees who skate around and help people that have fallen and make sure that everyone is skating the right way (counter clockwise), which I found extremely helpful and made me feel safer as I was skating. After about 2 hours, we got hungry and went

to their own little food service place.

The food was cold and extremely overpriced, but there are signs everywhere that say “No re-entry”. So we were forced to pay to eat or leave, and we still wanted to go skating a bit more.

Overall, the ice skating itself was fun, but the service and other amenities such as the food service was poor and lacked customer satisfaction. Next time, I’ll definitely remember to bring some of my own food- and learn to tie my own skates.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5924051485080431/k2311a0524/5.24.11