Chatrium Hotel Riverside in Bangkok, Thailand  » Hotels  »
28 Chareonkrung Soi 70, Bangkholame, Bangkok 10120, Thailand 02-3078888
  • The desk clerk chaperoned us to our room and took off her shoes before entering our room (a nice cute little touch – I think everyone, even the maid does this too)

• by wickeddude12

Wow, what can I say? This hotel was cheap and we got this huge hotel room, or should I say apartment, for 4 people. If I had an apartment for myself, this would be considered huge. What is more, the price per person was like 30 USD which is the price for a cheap motel back in North America. There were two bedrooms: one master and another separate room with two individual beds. There was a flat screen TV along with a Sony sound system that supported USB from which we were able to play mp3 files on booming speakers. In fact, it was so loud that we could not reach the maximum volume without probably bothering other people in the hotel. The view from the room was great too. There was a main balcony on which you could stand

and sit and put your beers on a coffee table. You could see the main large river vein below that takes you places in case you don’t want to take a taxi. As well you can see Bangkok and it extends as far as the eye can see. There is also a balcony in the master bedroom with only enough standing room. I can’t remember if there is a balcony in the other room though.

The kitchen was great too. It included a stainless steel refrigerator and a microwave and a four element stove. This place seemed to have all the amenities.

The greeting was very impressive. The desk clerk chaperoned us to our room and took off her shoes before entering our room (a nice cute little touch – I think everyone, even the maid does this too). Then, James (his ...

• English name), came to our room and showed us on a map where everything was and answered our questions which goes far and wide beyond any customer service I’ve had before. I should warn you though that the hotel employees’ referrals for places to do certain things like eat at restaurants or where to get tailored suits are awarded by some sort of commission. I think each person knows of somebody who they will refer hotel guests to in exchange for a cut. Keep this in mind when deciding where to go. For instance, out of curiosity I mentioned where we could get tailored suits and James brought a brochure of a place and pressured us to go to the store as soon as possible. It included a free ride to the store and we had little time for our stay so he
        had a lot of leverage points for us to visit his friends’ store. However, he did say that you could go there and check it out and see if the quality was good and leave if it wasn’t.

Another great thing, and perhaps you could say luxurious thing, was the hotel ferry. It runs every 15 minutes and it’s a great feeling arriving at your hotel in a ferry whether in the darkness of the night or the freshness of the morning, walking past the nice outdoor diner and into the coolness (literally and figuratively) of your hotel. It can really seem like the life to some people.

Breakfast was great too. It had something for everyone, as well as some dishes that looked like you could eat them for lunch as well. The dining area was impressive too: it had nice large big windows that overlook the river.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 224051484940431/k2311a0524/5.24.11