Avista Resort & Spa in Kata, Phuket, Thailand
4/4,1 Leam Sai Road, Karon District, Amphur Muang, Phuket 83100
  • On check in there were drinks provided as well as jasmine flowers (I think) and other purple and white flowers arranged on a wreath of string

• by wickeddude12

The décor in the room was impressive. There was blue LED lighting in the room that made it good for a night light or a kinky atmosphere. What else was kinky was the bathroom had one wall facing the beds and the balcony window that was fitted with a giant window instead of a regular solid wall. With your imagination, you can think of several things to do with this design. I’ll give you a few examples: watching TV from the bathtub, the view of outside from the bathtub, show time!, or some other voyeuristic activity.

The beds we had were very spacious. For a two-person room, there was enough

room for four people: 2 beds, one larger and one slightly smaller.

One thing that also stood out was the technology in the hotel room. There were electronic buttons for everything from air conditioning to temperature, to do not disturb buttons that light up at the entrance of the room on the outside to the master power switch. Also cool that I’ve never seen before was the connections available to the large Samsung TV in the room. There were connections for Ethernet, VGA, HDMI, 3.5mm audio in and out. The front desk even had VGA cables to lend out so that we could watch TV shows on the big screen from ...

• my laptop. The room also provided four sets of everything from bowls, plates, cutlery and drinking ware. There was even a sink in the kitchenette area.

Complimentary fruit was provided in the room on our first arrival. On check in there were drinks provided as well as jasmine flowers (I think) and other purple and white flowers arranged on a wreath of string. This was a nice differentiating touch that was very welcoming.

Overall, the highlights of the hotel were large spacious rooms and spacious beds along with advanced technology that I have never seen in a hotel before. Again, the Thai hotels all come with standard of polite customer service and great

complimentary breakfasts. English skills could be improved but they are understandable to get by. However, I do have to admit that I got a little sick from the food at breakfast on my last day when I came later for the first time and there were a lot of people there and a lot who had already eaten and left. I probably was not careful avoiding the sketchy food that had been lying around for a while, uncovered, and picked through by other guests. My recommendation is always be careful about what food you are eating (its condition) as well as eat before everyone else does and get to the food first!

John says :

Thailand is such an exquisite place to relax and have fun. This is a vacation hotspot. If you are looking for a place to stay at where you can experience a stress-escape feeling, choose Avista Resort Spa in Kata. They have a very hospitable staffs and ambiance is great. They also have excellent massage service… C’om choose this. I super love thailand :)

Ross says :

I have stayed there before and I greatly appreciated it. I would go back again in a heart beat.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 224051484930431/k2311a0524/5.24.11