Cheesy Chicken-Broccoli and Macaroni One Dish Meal Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I found this recipe for Cheesy Chicken-Broccoli and Macaroni One Dish Meal on the back of a box of Classic Kitchen's Deluxe Mac and Cheese Dinner
  • Plus, I like chicken, broccoli and macaroni and cheese, so I figured they'd probably be pretty good together in one dish, and I wanted to try it
  • Overall, I thought this dish was satsifying, but it was also a little bland
  • I definitely thought it needed salt and pepper
  • I would recommend it as an easy inexpensive meal, but I wouldn't recommend it if I were entertaining guests

• by Davis Tucker

I found this recipe for Cheesy Chicken-Broccoli and Macaroni One Dish Meal on the back of a box of Classic Kitchen’s Deluxe Mac and Cheese Dinner. The night I found it I was planning on making baked chicken breasts and macaroni and cheese for dinner. I was starting to assemble everything I would need to make dinner when I saw the recipe on the back of the box. The recipe wasn’t anything

fancy, but it was different than anything I usually make. Plus, I like chicken, broccoli and macaroni and cheese, so I figured they’d probably be pretty good together in one dish, and I wanted to try it.

Here is the simple ingredient list:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed 1 can of chicken broth 1 package of Classic Kitchen Mac and Cheese 2 cups of frozen broccoli cuts, thawed

Here are the directions:

First, spray a large ...

• skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Add the chicken and cook on medium high heat until no longer pink. Next, stir in the chicken broth and macaroni and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Then, add the broccoli, cover and continue to simmer until the macaroni is tender. Finally, add the cheese sauce and stir until well blended.

Overall, I thought this

dish was satsifying, but it was also a little bland. I definitely thought it needed salt and pepper. I don’t feel justified complaining too much, because the recipe was so easy to make, but I thought it could have used some type of additional seasoning. I may make it again, but I’ll definitely experiment with the recipe a little. I would recommend it as an easy inexpensive meal, but I wouldn’t recommend it if I were entertaining guests.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4923051484830331/k2311a0523/5.23.11