Main-Dish Pie Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • The Favorite Brand Name Simple 1-2-3 One Dish cookbook is one of my favorite cookbooks because the majority of the recipes really are simple, and one dish recipes make convenient meals
  • I found the recipe for Main-Dish Pie in this cookbook, and I decided to make it for dinner one night because I thought it looked interesting in the picture
  • My pie was ready in approximately 25 minutes, and I thought it looked just as good as it did in the cookbook
  • I highly recommend this recipe for anyone looking for a unique one dish recipe

• by Davis Tucker

The Favorite Brand Name Simple 1-2-3 One Dish cookbook is one of my favorite cookbooks because the majority of the recipes really are simple, and one dish recipes make convenient meals. I also really like this cookbook because there are photographs of all the recipes. I often choose the recipes I make based on the pictures. I found the recipe for Main-Dish Pie in this cookbook, and I decided to make it for dinner one night because I thought it looked interesting in the picture. I also already had all of the ingredients I needed to make it, and it looked like I could prepare and bake it in less than 30

minutes.

Here is the ingredient list for Main-Dish Pie:

1 package (8 rolls) of refrigerated crescent rolls 1 pound of lean ground beef 1 medium onion, chopped 1 can (12 ounces) of beef gravy 1 box (10 ounces) of Birds Eye frozen Green Peas, thawed 1/2 cup of shredded Swiss cheese 5 slices of tomato

Here are the instructions for making it:

First, unroll the crescent dough and separate. Spread to cover the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan and press together to form a crust. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. While that’s baking, brown the ground beef and onion in a large skillet and drain off the excess fat.

• Then, stir in the gravy and peas and cook until heated through. Pour the mixture into the partially baked crust and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until the crust is brown and the cheese is melted. Finally, arrange the tomato slices over the pie and bake for 2 minutes more.

My pie was ready in approximately 25 minutes, and I thought it looked just as good as it did in the cookbook. I thought the tomato wedges on top were a nice addition, and the crescent rolls formed a nice golden brown crust. The pie was full of flavor in every bite. I

thought the chopped onions really brought out the flavor in the beef, and the gravy really brought the whole dish together. I wouldn’t have thought to use Swiss cheese on my own, but I’m glad I did, because the sharpness of the cheese was a nice contrast to the rest of the ingredients. Often I’m tempted to add more seasoning to the recipes I’ve made in this cookbook, but in this case I thought the pie was very good exactly according to the instructions.

I won’t hesitate to make this again for dinner, because it was very easy to make, and the pie was flavorful and satisfying. I highly recommend this recipe for anyone looking for a unique one dish recipe.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4923051484810331/k2311a0523/5.23.11