Master Massage Soothing Blend Aroma Therapy Oil 8oz  » Health  »
  • I like to use massages to help work out cramps and muscle spasms, and to treat the pain that comes with having fibromyalgia
  • I like the ones with menthol or arnica for when I am having acute flare ups or bad days, but for other days when I mostly use it as a preventative measure, I like interesting scents
  • I would have to agree that it is a good combination for relaxation
  • I think this is a very good line of massage oils and I would recommend them all

• by reviewabit

I like to use massages to help work out cramps and muscle spasms, and to treat the pain that comes with having fibromyalgia. Fortunately, I have a loving partner who will happily assist me by giving wonderful massages when I need them. This along with nightly hot baths has really helped me to live a more normal life with the condition.

I have used a great variety of oils, creams and lotions for massage. I like the ones with menthol or arnica for when I am having acute flare ups or bad days, but for other days when I mostly use it as a preventative measure,

I like interesting scents.

I recently had the opportunity to try out several of the Master Massage blends of oil, and I have found them to be very good. The texture of the oil is lightweight, and washes off easily.

It also gives enough glide that you have plenty of time to work out all the kinks before the oil absorbs into the skin too much. The soothing blend is scented with a combination of essential oils including French lavender, cedarwood, and sweet orange.

I would have to agree that it is a good combination for relaxation. I wondered about the orange, since that tends to be ...

• a more energizing type of scent, but once I smelled the oil, I did not think that way.

In fact, the orange in the fragrance is very faint, and only lends a touch of sweetness. It is predominantly lavender, which is predictable, since most products labeled soothing, relaxing, calming, or sleeping have some kind of lavender in them.

Lavender is the undisputed king of relaxing fragrances. (I would argue that eucalyptus is up there with it though!) Both my partner and I really enjoy the fragrance and the texture of the oil.

It is very easy to work with and does not feel heavy on the

skin afterward. We have used it both with traditional massage, and hot stone massage.

It is wonderful for both. It will leave the skin very moisturized, and the lavender smell will last a very long time, especially if you leave it on after the massage.

It’s actually a good thing we like the scent– as my partner says, it is “hard to get rid of” noting that the smell may even outlast a shower. I think this is a very good line of massage oils and I would recommend them all.

If you want a relaxing lavender with a nice touch of cedar and orange, this is a great one to try out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3423051484390231/k2311a0523/5.23.11