Badedas Classic Original Vital Bath Gel/Bubble bath 25.5oz
  • I normally use bath salts, as the minerals are beneficial to the condition and to general health, but sometimes I like to use a bubble bath instead, just for fun
  • I have to agree that if this is the original, Vitabath definitely copied the fragrance intentionally, because it is almost identical
  • Interesting story– look it up-- and enjoy your Vitabath or Badedas

• by reviewabit

I take a hot bath nearly every night to help treat fibromyalgia symptoms. I normally use bath salts, as the minerals are beneficial to the condition and to general health, but sometimes I like to use a bubble bath instead, just for fun. I was reading an article about Vitabath products when I first heard of this one. Many people seem to believe that Vitabath was a US imitation of this German formula, and most seemed to think the German formula was superior.

I always loved the green

Vitabath, and found it to be great quality, so I was curious. This Badedas is not an easy product to find here, but I managed to find a place to order it online. I asked an older friend who was born in Germany and immigrated here if she knew of the product, and she said yes, and that she believed to be one of the most popular bubble baths when she was there.

When my big green bottle arrived (which was very inexpensive considering the size) I opened it

up to take a sniff. I have to agree that if this is the original, Vitabath definitely copied the fragrance intentionally, because it is almost identical. The ingredients were a bit different, as I saw when I compared it to an old bottle of Vitabath I had at home.

There were botanicals in both, and both contained horse chestnut oil or extract. The fragrance (of both) is woodsy, pine-like, and very green and clean. I tried out the Badedas later that night in my nightly ritual bath.

It ...

•   Badedas Classic Original Vital Bath Gel/Bubble bath 25.5oz
      performs in a manner very similar to Vitabath. It is thick to pour, making it a great value, since you don’t have to use as much. It colors the water a light green, which is nice.

The smell is intoxicating and makes you feel like you are bathing in a forest, without the wild animals and bugs. One thing I would say is slightly different about the Badedas is that it seems to be more “soapy” then the Vitabath. If you use an adequate amount in your bath water, it

could actually dry your skin a bit, but casual use is unlikely to do that.

Still, it might be best for people with very dry skin to limit their use of it. I would say that this is an excellent product, and if Vitabath did deliberately copy this product, well, they did a great job. It would not be the first time we ripped off something and made it amazingly successful.

The original “Barbie” doll was based on the Bild Lili, also from Germany. Interesting story– look it up– and enjoy your Vitabath or Badedas.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3423051484340231/k2311a0523/5.23.11