Crest Whitening Expressions Fluoride Toothpaste Cinnamon Rush 4.6  » Health  »
  • When I saw this product on sale, I tried it because I thought maybe the cinnamon would not burn as much as the mint, and it was something different to try
  • I like cinnamon flavor in foods and drinks
  • I noticed that if I brushed my tongue with the gel, it had a slightly numbing effect, which I believe is common with cinnamon
  • I recommend it for all hot-and-spicy cinnamon lovers

• by reviewabit

I normally use toothpastes that are made for kids, or natural brands, because the flavors are milder. The strong mint used in most mainstream brands is irritating and burns my mouth. When I saw this product on sale, I tried it because I thought maybe the cinnamon would not burn as much as the mint, and it was something different to try. I like cinnamon flavor in foods and drinks.

This toothpaste is a pretty standard formula, made with fluoride, sodium lauryl sulfate for foaming, and is approved by the American Dental Association. It claims to have whiteners. Rather than a tube, this product comes

in a sort of flip-top squeeze bottle.

It is a bit nicer looking on the counter since it stands on its own and is not a rolled up tube which can look messy and unkempt. The dispenser is adequate, but there is still some potential for making a mess. It is not quite as good of a dispenser as AquaFresh came up with for their product.

At 4. 6 ounces, this is a large enough bottle to last awhile, but not so big that it would be awkward to travel with. In fact, it’s a good size and shape for travel and is not likely to spill because of ...

• the flip-top closure being pretty tight.

The gel inside is red, and sparkly looking. It looks very pretty on the brush. As for the taste, it is a very nice but very strong cinnamon.

I had hoped it would be just a bit milder, as the cinnamon, although not mint, still gives a “hot” effect and can irritate the mouth. It was less of a burn than the mint, but still enough that I would prefer another brand. It is nice to have an alternative to mint that can still freshen breath though, and I did use up the bottle.

The gel cleans very well. My teeth

and gums always looked and felt clean when I used it. I could not tell if there was any noticeable whitening effect, but I only used the one bottle and I am not sure how long you would have to use the product to see a result.

I noticed that if I brushed my tongue with the gel, it had a slightly numbing effect, which I believe is common with cinnamon. Over all, even though I probably wouldn’t choose this over a milder paste, it is a good product and most people who are ok with string flavors in their toothpaste would like it. I recommend it for all hot-and-spicy cinnamon lovers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3423051484290231/k2311a0523/5.23.11