EZ Access Sof Sitz Inflatable Sitz Bath  » Health  »
  • Sometimes it is not worth the pain and may not solve the problem
  • I found it very easy to set up and pretty comfortable– definitely better than the hard plastic one I had
  • I did not have any problem with the product leaking or slipping, which I had been worried about due to my experience with an inflatable donut cushion
  • I learned later that for close to the same price, I could have had one that came with a bag and tube that allows you to add more water into the bath without having to get up and start over

• by reviewabit

When I suffered with a really bad episode of thrombosed hemorrhoids that eventually had to be lanced, I needed to use a sitz bath three times a day after the surgery. Note to anyone who is ever told they need a lancing procedure done– get a second opinion. Sometimes it is not worth the pain and may not solve the problem.

While I had a sitz bath made of hard plastic at home, it was uncomfortable and I figured I had suffered enough, so I ordered this inflatable one that fits over the toilet. I found it very easy to set up and pretty comfortable–

definitely better than the hard plastic one I had.

The actual inflatable rim is not very wide or tall, so it only offers a little bit of cushioning. That said, the little bit certainly makes a difference when you have to sit there for ten minutes.

I did not have any problem with the product leaking or slipping, which I had been worried about due to my experience with an inflatable donut cushion. I was afraid the ring would lose air and would go falling into the toilet with me on it.

Although that is probably physically impossible, once I sat on the sitz bath I felt ...

• secure it wasn’t going anywhere. I basically chose this product for the price, not realizing that some others might have additional features.

I learned later that for close to the same price, I could have had one that came with a bag and tube that allows you to add more water into the bath without having to get up and start over. As it was, the water stayed warm enough to work for the time I needed it to, so I am ok without that additional accessory.

Since I used it three times a day for a couple of weeks, I would

say the product help up really well. I had no air leaking, no problems at all– and it was easy to deflate, empty and clean each time as well.

It fits any standard toilet and it is generally very easy to use. I am now glad that I have one in the house that is useful, because the next time I get a flare up of this nasty problem, I am going to start the sitz baths before I see the doctor and hopefully avoid the world’s most humiliating office procedure.

I hope no one ever needs one of these things, but if you do, this one works well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3423051484160231/k2311a0523/5.23.11