Ascof Forte Cough Syrup
Philippines
  • I notice that most of my countrymen tend to buy medicine that is popular on television ads or commonly use by most people
  • For the information of everyone, lagundi is a herbal plant that is known to heal respiratory ailments such as coughs, asthma and other common respiratory problem
  • As for me, it does not really minimize heavy coughs but I never experience any side effects
  • My final conclusion, I think this cough syrup is more effective in minimizing common respiratory problem but not good in treating serious coughs especially coughs with phlegm

• by Lynn M. A.

In my country, most medicines can be bought over-the-counter. People usually purchase these medicines without consulting a doctor. I notice that most of my countrymen tend to buy medicine that is popular on television ads or commonly use by most people.

Take for example, drugs for cough. There are a lot of drugs to choose from.

My review is all about Ascof Forte Cough Syrup that has lagundi content. For the

information of everyone, lagundi is a herbal plant that is known to heal respiratory ailments such as coughs, asthma and other common respiratory problem.

Lagundi’s efficacy has been proven safe and effective by Department of Health Philippines. With these factors, Ascof Forte Cough Syrup is introduced in the market.

This drug costs around PhP168 (Philippine Peso) or US$4 in 120 ml. This is available in any drugstores nationwide.

Anyway, this syrup ...

• is like a brown black color with some green. It has a cool menthol flavor and tastes a bit sweet too.

There is no known contraindication since it is made from organic content. It is only taken in caution by pregnant and lactating women.

As for me, it does not really minimize heavy coughs but I never experience any side effects. However, this medicine is more effective for my mom who

has been suffering of asthma for the longest time.

She told me that she felt more relieved than before.

My final conclusion, I think this cough syrup is more effective in minimizing common respiratory problem but not good in treating serious coughs especially coughs with phlegm.

There is a better drug to address this ailment. And finally, my advice to everyone, always seek physician’s advice.

They know better than the rest of us.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2623051484110231/k2311a0523/5.23.11