Boiron Optique 1 Eye Irritation Drops 10 doses  » Health  »
  • These drops were a little expensive if you consider that you only get ten doses, but if they would work and be more natural and less likely to sting, I was ok with the price
  • I tried out the drops that night before starting to work, and found the sterile single use applicators were very convenient and easy to use, although they were probably a little less “green” than using a single bottle
  • After the first application, I was happy to note that the product did not burn my eyes at all
  • About an hour later, I noticed my eyes felt dry, but they were not burning and itching like they were the previous few days
  • If you are interested in a natural alternative to chemical eye drops to relieve redness and irritation, this is definitely worth a try

• by reviewabit

I sit at the computer for long periods and sometimes my eyes get either dry or irritated. Last Spring, I had some trouble with pollen allergies, which left my eyes feeling irritated most of the time, and staring at the monitor only made things worse. My dry eyes drops were not helping much for the irritation, and I had used an allergy eye drop earlier which just stung.

I stopped by the natural foods store while I was out the next day and found these eye drops by Boiron. I had tried a few of their other remedies, so I knew some of them worked.

These drops were a little expensive if you consider that

you only get ten doses, but if they would work and be more natural and less likely to sting, I was ok with the price. The only ingredient I recognized in the formula as calendula, which I knew was good for soothing skin– but had no idea what it would offer your eyes.

I tried out the drops that night before starting to work, and found the sterile single use applicators were very convenient and easy to use, although they were probably a little less “green” than using a single bottle. After the first application, I was happy to note that the product did not burn my eyes at all.

They actually felt ...

• pretty comfortable. About an hour later, I noticed my eyes felt dry, but they were not burning and itching like they were the previous few days.

I took a look in the mirror, and happily, they were not as red either. I used my lubricating drops, which took care of the dryness.

The next day, I had an allergy attack– apparently I ran into some pollen I am allergic to while going out to get the mail. By the time I got to the house, my eyes were itching like mad.

I did not put in the drops right away, because of the way my eyes were watering– I knew they would not be likely to

actually stay in long enough to do their job. I took some allergy medicine, rinsed my eyes with cold water, and waited.

Later when they had stopped watering, I put in the Boiron drops again. The state of my eyes at the time I used this second dose was pitiful.

They were even redder than before, swollen and itchy. Within an hour, just like before, my eyes felt considerably better.

I don’t know if it is the calendula, or one of the other substances in the drops, but something in there seems to work pretty reliably. If you are interested in a natural alternative to chemical eye drops to relieve redness and irritation, this is definitely worth a try.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3420051483880431/k2311a0520/5.20.11