Spartacus: Gods of the Arena (tv series)  » TV  »
  • While the season has finished now, I did not have many complaints about it when it was still going on, except for the fact maybe that I thought it was a bit short
  • This season expounds a bit more on several of my favourite characters from Blood and Sand, which includes “Barca” and “Crixus” especially
  • Gods of the Arena” would definitely have to be the very last episode
  • As I mentioned previously, I didn’t have much of a problem with the series
  • I would recommend this show to those people who liked the previous season of Spartacus

• by Redtape

“Spartacus: Gods of the Arena” is the second season of the very popular television series that was airing on Starz. While the season has finished now, I did not have many complaints about it when it was still going on, except for the fact maybe that I thought it was a bit short.

If you were a fan of the first season of Spartacus, by now you might have hears that the actor

who played the character Spartacus is battling cancer, and so they had to film “Gods of the Arena” without him. The show is therefore a prequel to the events that happened in the “Spartacus: Blood and Sand” season, which is long before Andy Whitfield’s character came to Rome and began to fight in the arena.

This season expounds a bit more on several of my favourite characters from Blood and Sand, which ...

• includes “Barca” and “Crixus” especially. It also gives the viewer a chance to see how different life was for Quintus and Lucretia back when they were a bit younger, and the events that helped mold their characters’ lives and personalities. I also got to see a different side of Crixus.

My favourite episode from “Spartacus: Gods of the Arena” would definitely have to be the very last episode. I thought that just like the

previous season, it ended with a bang, and soemting very unexpected happened.

As I mentioned previously, I didn’t have much of a problem with the series. I thought the dialogue for example was just as delicious as it was in the first season, especially with its creative curses. I also thought that the acting was just as good.

I would recommend this show to those people who liked the previous season of Spartacus.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1019051483500431/k2311a0519/5.19.11