Carmaje Mozz Off Insect Mist 1.7 oz  » Health  »
2.5
  • It is through her and indirectly, her son, that I have discovered many interesting natural products
  • When she sent over her son with natural sun block and insect repellent so he could play outside at my house, I decided to try out the insect repellent myself
  • Just about the time I thought that, I looked down to see a mosquito on my arm
  • I am still baffled, and honestly, I am not sure how to rate this product– it definitely seems to work for some people

• by reviewabit

My neighbor has a young son who I often babysit when she goes out of town. Her son has a lot of respiratory problems, and is sensitive to some chemicals, so she tries to use natural products when she can. It is through her and indirectly, her son, that I have discovered many interesting natural products. When she sent over her son with natural sun block and insect repellent so he could play outside at my house, I decided to try out the insect repellent myself.

It was from a company in Australia, that apparently specialized in natural children’s products. I had used a few natural insect repellents in the past and honestly, none

of them worked all that well– but the mother had insisted this one did. The formula was pretty simple.

It had aloe vera gel, essential oils of lavender, geranium, citronella, tea tree, and grapefruit seed extract. I had seen all these ingredients in various bath products and massage oils I use, and never had known any of them to repel insects except for the citronella. The liquid was light and smelled pleasantly herbal and a bit medicinal.

The young man did not seem to mind the smell. I did not tell him it had flowers in it!

I sprayed myself all over with the spray and walked outside with some iced ...

• tea for both of us. My young friend sat happily playing with his truck, without a single mosquito bite on him, although they were flying around everywhere.

I remember thinking it was incredible how this product worked when the ones I had tried, with similar ingredients, didn’t work at all on me. Just about the time I thought that, I looked down to see a mosquito on my arm. I shooed it away, but it was too late.

I was bitten. In fact, I was being bitten all over, I just didn’t realize it. By the time I got inside, I had about ten bites.

They always go for my ankles,

so that is where I put the most spray– I had about five bites on my ankles. I was baffled, and checked again (after putting on some REAL repellent) and the boy still did not have a single bite on him. His mother had reported it worked for her too.

Is there some genetic anomaly that makes me so attractive to bugs that they will even brave insect repellent to get at me? The Off and Cutter brands seem to work on me though. I am still baffled, and honestly, I am not sure how to rate this product– it definitely seems to work for some people. Not me.

That’s all I can say!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3419051483480431/k2311a0519/5.19.11