One Coco-Coconut Shea Butter Lip Balm .36 oz
  • I love coconut, and I have always liked the shea butter lip balms that One makes
  • They have to be one of the most environmentally friendly, pro-earth, totally natural products I know of– except for the saccharin, of course
  • Beeswax and shea butter are two of the best ingredients to see in a lip product, in my opinion
  • If you consider the quality and the commitment to the environment, the little bit extra that you pay for this balm is well worth it
  • This is a balm that is definitely worth the money– great performance and will delight my fellow coconut lovers

• by reviewabit

I love coconut, and I have always liked the shea butter lip balms that One makes. They have to be one of the most environmentally friendly, pro-earth, totally natural products I know of– except for the saccharin, of course. But saccharin has been exonerated as of late, as long as you are not a laboratory mouse. The balm is made with linseed oil, coconut oil, beeswax, cocoa butter, lanolin, shea butter, and “fragrance.

” This probably means artificial fragrance, but is not explained. Real or not, it smells yummy. Like a fresh coconut cream pie.

Some lip balms only have the scent, and not a flavor. This balm has the scent plus just enough

saccharin to make you think tyuo taste the flavor. Your nose will talk you into it.

With a formula like that, it is hard to beat the quality of the balm. Beeswax and shea butter are two of the best ingredients to see in a lip product, in my opinion. It seems like the ones I have used with these two ingredients are superior to most others.

If you consider the quality and the commitment to the environment, the little bit extra that you pay for this balm is well worth it. The only thing I am not too crazy about is that it is harder to use a balm that’s in a container ...

• rather than a stick form. I have longer nails, and it is hard to get the balm out without digging my nail into it, and that leaves me with goo under my nail and wasted product.

But, once it gets onto my lips, it is wonderful. This soft, gentle balm will protect your lips well, and if they are chapped, you will get them back into shape quickly if you use the balm regularly. It fits easily into a pocket, so you can take it everywhere to be sure your therapy is constant.

Be warned that people may want to kiss you if they smell the coconut. One thing I have learned

about natural products, as you will see from many of my reviews, is that they love to obsess over not having sodium lauryl sulfate. I had to laugh when I saw this product advertising that is was SLS free.

Wow! That’s great! Except… SLS is a detergent, so it was never likely to end up in lip balm anyway. Any lip balm. Any brand.

It kind of reminds me of Jello bragging about being fat free. (As if it ever had fat. ) Oh well, you can’t blame them for appealing to the masses.

This is a balm that is definitely worth the money– great performance and will delight my fellow coconut lovers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3419051483440431/k2311a0519/5.19.11