Let Me In (movie)
  • While I thought that it would be very easy to make a disastrous film with such a plot, I thought the movie was actually quite good just like the blogger said
  • This was even though I found it a bit boring at times
  • Nevertheless, I recommend the film “Let Me In” to people who like drama, horror and vampire films

• by Redtape

“Let Me In” is another one of the movies that I watched recently. I remember seeing it advertising several times before my cable television went, but for some reason, I wasn’t very interested in seeing it. However, it was only after I read about it on someone’s blog where they said that it was a must see, that I started looking into seeing the movie for myself.

The movie is about a lonely little boy from a small town living in the early

eighties whose parents are going through a bitter divorce, and who is being bullied at school. His evenings are spent finding random things to occupy himself until neighbours who appear to be a little girl and her father move in next door to him. After several rejections of friendship from her, they soon become friends and he realizes sooner after that his first love is actually a vampire in the guise of a twelve year old girl.

While I thought that it would ...

• be very easy to make a disastrous film with such a plot, I thought the movie was actually quite good just like the blogger said. This was even though I found it a bit boring at times. I thought it even had an early eighties cinema feel to it, and I’m not even talking about costuming. I mean how everything was directed and filmed.

I also thought that the acting done by the child actors especially was great, even though I’m not even

sure if I could describe it as being impeccable. I cannot recall one bad actor in the movie at all.

I also heard that the movie “Let Me In: was supposed to be an American remake of a Swedish film that was released a few years ago. However, I’m not able to compare the two since I haven’t watced the pervious one yet with English subtitles.

Nevertheless, I recommend the film “Let Me In” to people who like drama, horror and vampire films.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1119051483360331/k2311a0519/5.19.11