Piggly Wiggly Old Fashion White Enriched Bread  » Food  »
  • I always purchase the store brand when I buy bread, because I like to save money, and the store brand is usually the most affordable
  • Piggly Wiggly wasn't an exception, so I decided to try their bread
  • At the time, I was more concerned about price than whether or not it would be the best bread I've ever eaten
  • The package says it's fresh and wholesome , so I thought that was a good start
  • I'll definitely be going back to Piggly Wiggly to buy more of their bread

• by Davis Tucker

I had never shopped at a Piggly Wiggly grocery store until I moved to South Carolina. The first time I shopped there it was only for the sake of convenience. I was in the area, and I needed some basic items, including bread. I always purchase the store brand when I buy bread, because I like to save money, and the store brand is usually the most affordable.

Piggly Wiggly wasn’t an exception, so I decided to try their bread.

I purchased a loaf of Piggly Wiggly Old Fashion White Enriched Bread. At the time, I was more concerned about price than whether or not it would be the best bread I’ve ever eaten.

I didn’t look at it again until the next day when I wanted to make a sandwich. The package says it’s “fresh and wholesome”, so I thought that was a good start. I was most surprised when I opened the package and pulled out a couple slices of bread.

Bread isn’t something I usually get excited about, but the bread was extremely fresh and soft. I don’t normally worry too much about the appearance and quality of my bread, but I was initially impressed with Piggly Wiggly’s bread. I was actually starting to look forward to the boring tuna fish sandwich I was making.

I wanted the bread to taste as good as it looked. The bread was even better than I thought it would be. I liked ...

• Piggly Wiggly Old Fashion White Enriched Bread
      it even better than the freshly baked bread that I sometimes get from my favorite deli.

I usually only have one sandwich, but after eating one I wanted more. I decided to check the nutrition facts to make sure that I wasn’t doing myself a disservice. One slice of Piggly Wiggly’s Old Fashion White Enriched Bread has 70 calories, and only 5 of those calories are from fat.

The total fat content is 1 gram, and there are zero grams of

trans fat. I didn’t think that was too bad, so I had another sandwich. I’ll definitely be going back to Piggly Wiggly to buy more of their bread.

I’ve paid more for money for name brand breads that I didn’t like half as much as I liked their bread. Piggly Wiggly wins my personal award for best tasting store brand loaf of bread. From now on, Piggly Wiggly Old Fashion White Enriched Bread will be the number one item on my grocery list.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2719051483290331/k2311a0519/5.19.11