Classic Kitchen Deluxe Mac and Cheese Dinner  » Food  »
3.7
  • I was shopping at my local Dollar Tree when I found Classic Kitchen's Deluxe Mac and Cheese Dinner in a box
  • I'm a huge fan of macaroni and cheese, and the picture on the box looked appetizing, so I bought a box
  • I decided to try Classic Kitchen's Mac and Cheese mainly because the instructions on the box are easier than the Kraft brand that I'm used to
  • The real cheese was a selling point for me, because I don't think processed cheese ever tastes as good as real cheese
  • I highly recommend it for all macaroni and cheese lovers

• by Davis Tucker

I was shopping at my local Dollar Tree when I found Classic Kitchen’s Deluxe Mac and Cheese Dinner in a box. I’m a huge fan of macaroni and cheese, and the picture on the box looked appetizing, so I bought a box. I usually buy Kraft Macaroni and Cheese from my local grocery store, because it’s usually on sale, and it’s a brand name I’ve grown to trust. I decided to try Classic Kitchen’s Mac and Cheese mainly because the instructions on the box are easier than the Kraft brand that I’m used to.

Milk and butter aren’t required to make Classic Kitchen’s Mac and Cheese, and everything I needed was already included in the box. Plus, since I was purchasing

it from the Dollar Tree, I was only paying a dollar for it, so I wouldn’t feel a strain on my wallet. Classic Kitchen’s Deluxe Mac and Cheese Dinner consists of elbow pasta and premium cheese sauce.

The box claims that it’s made from real Cheddar cheese. The real cheese was a selling point for me, because I don’t think processed cheese ever tastes as good as real cheese. I didn’t look at the nutrition facts until I had arrived home with it, because I don’t buy macaroni and cheese for its nutritional value.

Macaroni and cheese is an indulgent dish for me, and I only eat it when I feel like splurging on my caloric intake. So I wasn’t really ...

• surprised when I read that Classic Kitchen’s Deluxe Mac and Cheese has 298 calories per serving, and 100 of those are from fat. I was already prepared to exercise a little longer after eating it.

The instructions on the box are easy to follow. To make it, simply boil 6 cups of water, stir in the macaroni and boil for 10 to 12 minutes. Then cut off the top edge of the cheese sauce pouch, squeeze it onto the macaroni, and stir until well blended.

My Deluxe Mac and Cheese was ready to eat in exactly 12 minutes. I thought it looked good when it was finished. I was concerned that it may not be very creamy since milk and butter

weren’t added.

I was also a little concerned that there wouldn’t be enough cheese sauce. There was actually no need for concern, because it was very creamy, and there was plenty of cheese sauce. I was surprised at how good it tasted.

I thought it was every bit as good as Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. I definitely want to buy more of Classic Kitchen’s Deluxe Mac and Cheese the next time I’m at the Dollar Tree. I hope they still have it in stock.

It was easy to make, and I don’t think it suffered for lack of ingredients. I’m glad I tried it, because I found a new brand that I can trust. I highly recommend it for all macaroni and cheese lovers.

AngryCustomer says :

I tried it and it didn’t come with a sauce packet. Very dissatisfied.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2719051483280331/k2311a0519/5.19.11