Food Lion Creamy Peanut Butter
  • I think that some brands may taste a little better than others, but overall, I purchase peanut butter based on price
  • I bought it because 18 ounce jars were on sale for $1.69
  • I consider it a good day if I can find peanut butter for less than $2.00
  • In the past I've purchased store brand products that I thought suffered a little in quality
  • If I were involved in a blindfolded taste test and Food Lion's peanut butter was being compared with more famous name brands, I don't think I'd be able to tell the difference

• by Davis Tucker

Peanut butter is one of the items that I keep in my kitchen cupboard at all times. I never get tired of eating peanut butter sandwiches or peanut butter and crackers. I also like eating a spoonful in the morning, because it gives me just enough energy to start my day.

I’m not loyal when it comes to name brand peanut butters. I think that some brands may taste a little better than others, but overall, I purchase peanut butter based on price.

I think peanut butter is generally a little pricey, especially considering

that I usually go through a jar a week. So I always check for sales when I’m in the peanut butter aisle at the grocery store.

Recently I purchased a jar of Food Lion’s Creamy Peanut Butter. I bought it because 18 ounce jars were on sale for $1.

69. I consider it a good day if I can find peanut butter for less than $2.

In the past I’ve purchased store brand products that I thought suffered a little in quality. I wasn’t too concerned about how Food Lion’s peanut butter would taste, because ...

• I’ve purchased other Food Lion store brands and I’ve never been disappointed.

Nutritionally, Food Lion’s Creamy Peanut Butter is similar to the other brands I’ve purchased. A serving size is 2 tablespoons, and there are 200 calories per serving, 140 of those calories are from fat.

One of the reasons I like eating peanut butter is that it’s a good source of protein. Food Lion’s Creamy Peanut Butter has 8 grams of protein.

The final test was to actually taste the peanut butter, so I made a sandwich. I thought the peanut butter was

nice and creamy, just like it’s supposed to be, and the overall taste was more than adequate.

If I were involved in a blindfolded taste test and Food Lion’s peanut butter was being compared with more famous name brands, I don’t think I’d be able to tell the difference. I was very satisfied with my purchase, and I won’t hesitate to buy Food Lion’s Creamy Peanut Butter again if it’s on sale.

Purchasing it was confirmation for me that store brands are usually just as worthy of purchasing as name brands. Price is not the sole indicator of taste and quality.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2719051483270331/k2311a0519/5.19.11