Blueberry Cheesecake Bars Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I found this recipe for Blueberry Cheesecake Bars in the Favorite Brand Name Bake Sale Cookbook
  • I was also drawn in by the photograph in the cookbook, although I think all of the pictures in this cookbook make the desserts appear irresistible
  • I thought my Blueberry Cheesecake Bars smelled phenomenal when I removed them from the oven
  • I'd definitely like to try making Blueberry Cheesecake Bars again, but the next time I'll definitely omit the pecans

• by Davis Tucker

I found this recipe for Blueberry Cheesecake Bars in the Favorite Brand Name Bake Sale Cookbook. I was perusing the cookbook for recipes I’ve never tried, and the combination of blueberries and cheesecake in a bar sounded really good. I was also drawn in by the photograph in the cookbook, although I think all of the pictures in this cookbook make the desserts appear irresistible. Plus, the bars seemed versatile enough that I could serve them as a dessert for dinner, and they also seemed like they would be good with coffee for breakfast.

Here is the ingredient list for Blueberry Cheesecake Bars:

1 package of Duncan Hines Bakery Style Blueberry Muffin Mix 1/4 cup

of cold butter or margarine 1/3 cup of finely chopped pecans 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup of sugar 1 egg 3 tablespoons of lemon juice 1 teaspoon of grated lemon peel

Making this recipe involved a little work on my part, but I didn’t think it was too complicated.

Here are the directions:

First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9-inch square pan. Rinse the blueberries from the mix with cold water and drain them. Place the muffin mix in a medium bowl and cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two knives. Then, stir in the pecans and press the mixture into the bottom of ...

• the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until set. Next, combine the cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl and beat until smooth. Add the egg, lemon juice and lemon peel. Beat well and spread over the baked crust. Sprinkle with the blueberries, sprinkle the topping packet from the mix over the blueberries and return it to the oven. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the filling is set, then cool completely. Refrigerate until ready to serve and cut into bars.

I thought my Blueberry Cheesecake Bars smelled phenomenal when I removed them from the oven. I impatiently waited for them to cool before cutting

into them and trying them. When I finally had my first bite, there was no mistaking that they tasted like cheesecake and berries. The bars were moist and rich, but not overly rich. The only thing I wasn’t fond of was the addition of the chopped pecans. I usually love pecans in anything I eat, but in this case, I thought they were a little overpowering and took away from the taste of the blueberries and cheesecake. Sometimes less is more, and I think the bars would’ve tasted a lot better with a little less pecans.

I’d definitely like to try making Blueberry Cheesecake Bars again, but the next time I’ll definitely omit the pecans. Minus the pecans, I think these bars are fantastic.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4919051483220331/k2311a0519/5.19.11