Whynter Eco-Friendly 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner  » Housewares  »
  • I was looking to purchase a new air conditioner for a room in my house so I decided to go with this particular one
  • I really love this thing and it performs very well
  • I purchased it from Lowe's about 5 months ago and at the time of purchase I paid 300 dollars for it
  • The price is a bit expensive but I believe it's well worth the money
  • I would certainly recommend it to anybody that's in the market for one

• by John

I was looking to purchase a new air conditioner for a room in my house so I decided to go with this particular one. I really love this thing and it performs very well. One of the main reasons why I decided to go with this particular model is because I didn’t want one that would take up window space so I thought this would be a great option. I purchased it from Lowe’s about 5 months ago and at the time of purchase I paid 300 dollars for it. The price is a bit expensive but I believe it’s well worth the money.

When I first purchased it one of the first things about it that caught my attention was the look. I

not only want one that’s going to work but I also want one that’s going to look attractive. This thing certainly has an attractive look. The entire thing has a really nice chrome look which is truly impressive. It has been a great addition to my room. It’s a total of 15 inches wide and 31 inches tall. I really love the fact that it has more height than width because it doesn’t take up much floor space which is certainly something that I can appreciate.

When it comes to the installation and set up this thing is completely hassle free and it takes no time. When I took it out of the box everything was already pre-assembled which was certainly something that ...

• I could appreciate. There is some pipe material included for installation next to a window which took only a few minutes to complete.

When it comes to performance this thing certainly does get the job done. I have a somewhat small room and it usually takes only about 20 minutes to cool the entire room. It’s a 12,000 BTU which is a lot more than most other traditional air conditioners that I have owned. The fan is very powerful. There are 3 different speeds for the fan so I enjoy being able to adjust it accordingly. Although the fans are powerful when you are operating this thing you are barely able to tell it’s on because it doesn’t make a sound. I

was truly amazed by the fact that it’s able to cool so well without making any noise.

Another thing that I really love about it is the fact that the user interface is completely digital. It does take a little getting used to once you first use it but after a while it’s fairly easy to operate. There was a remote control included in the box also which in my opinion is a great addition considering the convenience that it adds considering that you don’t have to get up whenever you want to adjust it.

This thing is amazing. It has performed very well and I have not noticed any issues with it so far. I would certainly recommend it to anybody that’s in the market for one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5319051483000331/k2311a0519/5.19.11