Crispy Chocolate Bars Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I turned to the Favorite Brand Name Bake Sale Cookbook for no-bake cookie recipes, and I found a recipe for Crispy Chocolate Bars that looked really good
  • I think the butterscotch morsels were actually the surprise ingredient

• by Davis Tucker

When I moved recently, I temporarily stayed in a studio at a hotel. I had a stove top and a microwave, but I didn’t have an oven. I really started to miss baking cookies in the oven, so I had to get creative in my new little kitchen. I turned to the Favorite Brand Name Bake Sale Cookbook for no-bake cookie recipes, and I found a recipe for Crispy Chocolate Bars that looked really good. I only needed a saucepan and a stove top to make

them. I was also drawn to the recipe because it calls for Corn Flakes, and I had a huge box of Corn Flakes sitting on the shelf that I had barely touched. I just hoped this recipe would fill the void of missing homemade cookies baked in the oven.

Here are the ingredients for this recipe:

1 package (6 ounces, 1 cup) of semi-sweet chocolate morsels 1 package (6 ounces, 1 cup) of butterscotch morsels 1/2 cup of peanut butter 5 cups of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes cereal vegetable cooking ...

• spray

Here are the recipe directions:

First, combine the chocolate, butterscotch chips and peanut butter in a large saucepan. Stir over low heat until smooth and remove from the heat. Then, add the Kellogg’s Corn Flakes cereal and stir until well coated. Using a buttered spatula or waxed paper, press the mixture evenly into a 9×9x2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cut into bars when cool.

My Crispy Chocolate Bars were ready in no time, and I couldn’t wait to try them. I was a little concerned that

the cereal would lose its crispness in the process, but it held up well. The chocolate and the peanut butter were really good with the crispy cereal. I think the butterscotch morsels were actually the surprise ingredient. They seemed to add the perfect amount of sweetness to the bars.

Overall, I was really happy with my Crispy Chocolate Bars. I’ve made them several times since that first time. I have an oven now, but I still enjoy making them, because I think they’re every bit as good as cookies baked in the oven.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4919051482960331/k2311a0519/5.19.11