Solano HAI Convertible Flat Iron  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • I am not overly impressed and I definitely liked my CHI a lot more
  • My first impression after using the flat iron was that it definitely gets my hair straight, but does not make my hair look as shiny or as healthy as my CHI did
  • However, I prefer flat irons that also bring out the sine in hair
  • I had heard rave reviews about this particular product but I was disappointed by it
  • I expected a lot more out of this because I paid almost one hundred dollars just to get it

• by Intensify

I use a straightening iron on my hair almost every single day. Recently, I dropped my CHI straightener and it broke, so I had to quickly find a new one. That is why I purchased the Solano HAI Convertible Flat Iron from Folica.com. As much as I loved my CHI, I really wanted something new and I had heard great things about this one. I’ve used this flat iron for about a month and I’ve pretty much decided that it’s only an average product. I am not overly impressed and I definitely liked my CHI a lot more. It gets the job done, but by no means does a fantastic job styling my hair.

The flat iron itself looks pretty cool. The plates on it are blue which

is something I’ve never seen before. My old flat irons have all had either gold or silver plates. My first impression after using the flat iron was that it definitely gets my hair straight, but does not make my hair look as shiny or as healthy as my CHI did. Any basic flat iron will straighten the hair because pressing enough heat onto the hair just makes it lie flat. As far as basic straightening goes, this HAI flat iron does its job. However, I prefer flat irons that also bring out the sine in hair. That may sound kind of counterintuitive because straightening is basically frying the hair, but a good ceramic flat iron will leave the hair looking not only straight but also healthy and ...

• shiny. This HAI does not do that. It mostly dried out my hair. I do not think that it is unreasonable to want my hair to look and feel like silk after straightening it because I have used flat irons that have given me that result in the past. This one unfortunately did not. I had heard rave reviews about this particular product but I was disappointed by it.

I have very coarse, thick hair so it is always great to find a flat iron that does the job of transforming it from frizzy and curly to sleek and straight. That was the only success with this product, but there are so many flat irons on the market these days and it is not actually that hard to

find ones that actually straighten the hair. With ceramic and tourmaline technology, these products are now expected to go above and beyond. I expected a lot more out of this because I paid almost one hundred dollars just to get it. I will probably still keep looking for a better flat iron because this one just does not do it for me. I do not really recommend it. This is a decent product in that it will straighten your hair if that is all you are really looking for, but it will not wow you by any means. Overall, I have to give the Solano HAI Convertible Flat Iron a rating of a 4 out of 10. As harsh as that seems, that’s just how I feel about it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3119051482910331/k2311a0519/5.19.11