Smart Buddy Unli Prepaid Sim Card  » Cellular services  »
1.5
  • I know that subscribing to a mobile network has become quite democratic at present, and it’s unavoidable that I have to straddle myself using two networks (or more) at the same time
  • On one occasion, I planned to make my load last a month, so I bought a cell card worth a couple hundred bucks

• by jhunie

The need to switch to a prepaid network arose out of family matters. My contacts are split between two networks. A large portion of which are corporate contacts from work and happens to be my network of choice, whereas the rest, of a different network, are taken up by friends and family. Communicating with my family is important, but I might as well have to reach the other side of the fence at higher costs, especially for calling rates. I know that subscribing to a mobile network has become quite democratic at present, and it’s unavoidable that I have to straddle myself using two networks (or more) at the same time. It was also a way of extending my burgeoning list of contacts. Although Smart forms only a minority in my contacts, all of my family members are subscribed to this network. I was the last to join the pack. The Unli sim was released as limited edition prepaid sim packs: Unli, an abbreviated term for unlimited, is a type of subscription, in which a subscriber can take advantage

of special perks like unlimited texting and calling. From that point on, I was introduced into the ugly and corrupt side of prepaid and this network.

At day one, my phone was inundated by endless amounts of info messages soliciting me to consume my balance on prepaid services that would only last a day. For what it’s worth, I used up the sim’s unlimited perk initially at the first few days. The pack came with unlimited calls and text upon the first time you load. What struck me was the poor signal. Indoors, at my home, I’ll have a single bar most of the time and not just occasionally. At times I couldn’t even catch a signal, and my iphone would display the message, “No service.” To put the issue into perspective, iphones may be known for their weak signals, but how come it used to show a full set of bars with another network (Globe)? And I suppose my location had nothing to do with that either, unless I happen to live in a cave.

On one occasion, I planned ...

• to make my load last a month, so I bought a cell card worth a couple hundred bucks. Then not longer than a week, that means a few days only, I was shocked to find my balance completely wiped out for no apparent reason. Previously, I was diligent in checking my balance from time to time, and my texts were debited from my available balance accordingly. I composed and tried to send a message only to have it revoked by the network, because I had zero balance, and it must be replenished for the message to get through. Other similar incidents had been precedents, wherein my load depleted mysteriously before its expected expiration, but that account was the worst. I could no longer abide this corrupt system.

As a stimulus to their customers, the network would throw in unlimited calls or text if you replenish your load. But it was hard to trust their promotions. Going prepaid did give me a valuable insight: I was able to make a comprehensive comparison of two networks. Versus my preferred network, Smart excels

in the customer service department. Their well-informed reps are always accessible, and they take heed to my requests and queries. It’s one area my preferred network needs to work on. I also have good things to say about smart money, their mobile remittance and payment processor.

To protest, I quit using this prepaid sim in the end. I resigned to the fact that I could only trust my preferred network and remain loyal to it. I pledged not to confuse my contacts with other cellphone numbers and pay every honest cent than have it all stolen. I would never aspire to be a cum beggar subscriber to this network. Never again. They get their hands dirty. To contradict this network would be like going against the mobile populace, as it’s widely used by many. The sim pack costs a dollar. If you’re someone who replenishes your load irregularly in small amounts, this might do it for you. But for people, with a steady amount of expendable balance, who snub texting and call promotions, steer clear of this prepaid subscription.

Azriel says :

I have never used any smart prepaid sim before. I just heard from many au acribers that they have a high or strong signal in provinces. Thia dis not prove to be true though when a friend of mine was uaing this cellular service and hia phone had no aignal during our field trip while I am enjoying a very good signal and mobile data services.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2219051482720231/k2311a0519/5.19.11