L’Oreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara
  • I was not impressed at all, just disappointed
  • I will never make the mistake of repurchasing this mascara again and I do not recommend it to anyone

• by Intensify

I recently purchased the L’Oreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara and I absolutely hate it. I wish I had saved myself the ten dollars and bought a different brand. Not only is this just a generally bad quality mascara, but it also caused damage to my lashes and I am still trying to get them to recover.

The reason why I hate this particular mascara is that it made some of my lashes fall out and break off. I applied this mascara and wore it all day long. Then, when I went to take it off, some of my own lashes came off along with the mascara on my makeup removal cleansing cloth. I was so angry! I can’t grow those lashes back overnight. It’s going to take months to get

them to grow back.

Even before the lash fallout, I did not like the L’Oreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara. It took three coats to see an effect and even then, the effect was not that dramatic. With each added coat, more of my lashes stuck together. It added a small amount of length, but not as much as a good quality mascara should. There was minimal volume. I just ended up with a lot of lashes clumped together so my lash line really didn’t look like anything special. I feel like the clumping is due to the fact that the mascara is super runny. I do not like how liquid-y it felt. The mascara itself flaked off throughout the day. That should have been the first warning sign. By ...

• the end of the day, most of the mascara had either flaked off or smeared away. It has zero staying power. I also do not like the brush itself. It isn’t just the mascara. The bristles on the brush are just way too close together.

I feel pretty deceived about this mascara because I had heard so many wonderful things about it, including claims that this is the “best” drugstore mascara ever. All of the hype made me think that I was missing out by not trying it, but after trying it, I’ve lost lashes. I was not impressed at all, just disappointed. This is one of those mascara products that makes me rethink purchasing drugstore brand mascaras because you sometimes take a risk by using them. It pretty much

destroyed my faith in drugstore mascaras because this is not the first time I have gotten damaged lashes from using one. I can only hope that my lashes grow back just as long and thick as before. I can’t convey how disappointed I was by this mascara but I would strongly caution anyone thinking about purchasing it. Be very careful!

Overall, I have to give the L’Oreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara a rating of a 2 out of 10. It goes on clumpy and does not live up to any of the claims made on the package. I did not get any noticeable length or volume. All I got was lash fallout. I will never make the mistake of repurchasing this mascara again and I do not recommend it to anyone!

L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3117051482590331/k2311a0517/5.17.11