Lush Godiva Solid Shampoo bar 1.9 oz  » Health  »
  • Two in ones seem to be the best compromise, but sometimes they do not offer as much body as some of the volumizing shampoos
  • In all of this forest of complicated hair product options, I decided to go against my initial instinct and try one of these Lush solid shampoo bars
  • If you consider that it is replacing several bottles of regular liquid shampoo, it’s not such a bad price really, and it certainly helps the environment by eliminating a lot of waste
  • It didn’t take as much as I thought it would to get a good lather going
  • I do think it is mostly for normal hair, but it is a decent product and I recommend it

• by reviewabit

I have been trying out some of the Lush bath products and have loved every one of them. My hair is a bit of a complex matter. It is a combination of dry and frizzy in the back and on the ends, while being normal/oily on top– and thinning. Finding a shampoo to manage all those issues is difficult.

Two in ones seem to be the best compromise, but sometimes they do not offer as much body as some of the volumizing shampoos. In all of this forest of complicated

hair product options, I decided to go against my initial instinct and try one of these Lush solid shampoo bars. I had never used a solid shampoo before, and imagined they would be formulated for normal hair and nothing else.

I equated a solid bar with it being a harsher product, like sometimes is the case between bar soaps and liquid shower gels. I gave it a shot anyway. This bar is very small for its price.

While some of the other Lush products are rather large this one seemed to be out of character. It is brightly colored yellow and has a lovely jasmine based floral smell that is pretty potent. If you consider that it is replacing several bottles of regular liquid shampoo, it’s not such a bad price really, and it certainly helps the environment by eliminating a lot of waste.

The first time I used it, I was a little awkward and not sure how it would work. I lathered up my hair in the same way I would use a ...

•   Lush Godiva Solid Shampoo bar 1.9 oz
      bar of soap to lather my washcloth. It didn’t take as much as I thought it would to get a good lather going.

Although this is a pretty mainstream product formula that does contain detergents, it seemed to be pretty gentle to my hair. The smell was amazing, and filled the whole bathroom. It did not last though.

Once my hair was rinsed, it was mostly gone. I felt my hair was a bit tangled after rinsing the shampoo out, so I used my regular conditioner. After drying my hair,

I was pretty pleased with the results.

It was not overly dry, although I don’t think I would use it every day– and it was not frizzy or flat. I think it actually did a pretty good job of getting buildup out of my hair, so that is probably going to be its primary use now. I am glad I tried the product.

I think I would have always been curious had I not. I do think it is mostly for normal hair, but it is a decent product and I recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3417051482210331/k2311a0517/5.17.11