Veet Wax Strips  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • Since it was a hassle free job I bought the strips
  • When I opened the pack I found 4 wax strips in there and each had two strips back to back put together so the pack constitutes 8 strips
  • It was until I was talking with one of my friends that she told me that when the wax strip is applied it has to be rubbed and then peeled off for the best results
  • Moreover the pack claims to be enough for waxing of full hands and legs which is not at all the case since after applying after 3-4 times the strips lose their grip moreover extensive rubbing of the strips become so boring and hectic that I now prefer to go to parlour rather than using these strips

• by Swati

I have a hectic schedule and that sometimes does not permit to visit even parlour for getting waxing done. I recently was relieved to see Veet launching its wax strips which claimed at easy waxing at home.

Since it was a hassle free job I bought the strips.

They came at an affordable price of Rs 69 for the pack.

When I opened the pack I found 4 wax strips in there and each had two strips back to back put together so the pack constitutes 8 strips.

I had got the strips to

reduce the time and get the waxing done easily and fast but it turned out to be topsy-turvy.

I peeled off the strips after rubbing them in my hands and then applied it on my leg and then pulled it off (as per the instruction on the leaflet).

To my utter irritation nothing happened except the wax of the strip sticking to my leg! I literally threw the packet and headed towards the parlour.

It was until I was talking with one of my friends that she told me that when the wax strip ...

• is applied it has to be rubbed and then peeled off for the best results.

I tried that option with the rest of the strips.

And to certain extent it worked too.

But it took me more time than going to parlour would have taken and that was the reason I had gotten that in the first place, to help me get the waxing done fast! The strips work fine but then they leave the wax on the leg or hands even if they are rubbed extensively and then that wax doesn’t get off

easily and turns black after sometime.

It is not quite an untidy thing as it claimed to be since there is a whole lot of wax left on the hands or legs and the hair don’t get removed easily.

Moreover the pack claims to be enough for waxing of full hands and legs which is not at all the case since after applying after 3-4 times the strips lose their grip moreover extensive rubbing of the strips become so boring and hectic that I now prefer to go to parlour rather than using these strips.

Veet Wax Strips

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3117051482060231/k2311a0517/5.17.11