Emerson CKD9902 Digital Alarm Clock Radio  » Electronics  »
  • I bought an Emerson CKD9902 Clock Radio because it had a lot of features I liked, and it was also inexpensive, costing $25 at the time
  • The sound from the radio or when using discs isn't like I am having a surround sound experience or anything, but I never expected that
  • Still, I like to set it to a certain volume at night and sleep to the radio
  • I love this clock radio and would recommend it to anyone who finds they need one
  • Well worth the money, and definitely recommended

• by WendyBird

I needed a good clock radio because I tend to oversleep when I am finally down for the count. I have late nights, and so I need something yelling at me to “wake up”, come morning. I bought an Emerson CKD9902 Clock Radio because it had a lot of features I liked, and it was also inexpensive, costing $25 at the time.

It’s not the prettiest clock out there, but it has a lot of really good functions, and it was perfect for me. It will play radio, CDs, and even has an MP# player line

in. It also has a nice green LED light instead of the same old red that I see in a lot of clock radios. The sound from the radio or when using discs isn’t like I am having a surround sound experience or anything, but I never expected that. It;s a nice clear sound, but it could use a little more bass. Still, I like to set it to a certain volume at night and sleep to the radio.

I set the alarm to a buzzer sound because the radio just will not wake ...

• me up since I’ve been sleeping to the sound of music since I was an infant. But, a nice loud buzzer sure perks me right up out of dreamland. It can be set to a radio wake-up however. It has a snooze button, which fuels my worst vice…hitting the button a thousand times before actually getting out of bed. But, the alarm is loud enough to wake me from my slumber with no problems. Whether or not I get up is not the clock’s fault.

It’s easy to use and easy to program when

I want to save certain channels. It keeps an accurate time once it is set up, and when the power goes out, it will still work because it has a battery backup, so I won’t oversleep if the power goes off in the middle of the night. This is perfect because my power goes off if it just rains really hard.

I love this clock radio and would recommend it to anyone who finds they need one. It’s one of the best ones I’ve owned, and it was so inexpensive. Well worth the money, and definitely recommended.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1617051481790231/k2311a0517/5.17.11