China Glaze Crackle Nail Polish  » Cosmetics  »
  • I recently purchased the China Glaze Crackle Nail Polish in Crushed Candy and I love it
  • I have tried this nail polish over a basic white polish and a basic black polish to see what the difference is between using different bases so I know how this product works in different ways
  • The product isn’t necessarily that hard to use, but it definitely requires some experimentation
  • I think there is something about putting too much product on that prevents the crackle effect from working
  • Some people have also said that this product is way too thick, but I do not agree with that

• by Intensify

I recently purchased the China Glaze Crackle Nail Polish in Crushed Candy and I love it. I got it for just six dollars at my local Sally Beauty’s Supply. I haven’t seen it in any other stores but it might be available online. It is a nail polish product that you put over the top of another nail polish color to get a “shattered effect” on your nails. OPI came out with a similar thing recently, but they only came out with a black one. There was a lot of hype about that polish and now China Glaze has some available. I have tried this nail polish over a basic white polish and a basic black polish to see what the difference is between using different bases so I know how this product works

in different ways.

I love watching the nail polish transform right after applying it to the nail. I do not know what sort of chemicals or ingredients this product contains to give it this effect, but it looks so cool. The product isn’t necessarily that hard to use, but it definitely requires some experimentation. I definitely read the instructions before just going for it. You can see major differences in the effect depending on how thick a layer you apply and how much pressure you put on your nails. All you have to do is apply a base coat of any nail polish you want first. After waiting for that to dry, you can use the China Glaze polish. As long as I do not apply a thick coat, it looks great. I think there ...

• is something about putting too much product on that prevents the crackle effect from working. Another thing to note is that you have to apply the product quickly because it dries fast and the effect starts to occur right away.

I have heard that some of the shades of this nail polish “crackle” more than others. What I mean is that some have a more pronounced effect than others. The shade that I got gives a pretty good effect. One thing I have heard other girls complain about is the fact that this nail polish dries with a matte finish. I agree with that statement. However, I always add a clear top coat to it so that I get more shine. There are ways to work around the matte finish. Some people have also said

that this product is way too thick, but I do not agree with that. It all depends on how much product you allow to get on the brush. You have complete control over how thick or thin this product is and over how much of a crackle effect you get.

Overall, I have to give the China Glaze Crackle Nail Polish a rating of a 9 out of 10. I have always really loved painting my nails, but this makes it so much more of a fun process. I have had so many people come up to me to ask me what I have done to get my nails to look the way they do. The answer is this nail polish! I highly recommend it! It is an inexpensive way to get really cool looking nails.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3117051481510131/k2311a0517/5.17.11