Pizza Pie Meatloaf Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I love meatloaf because I think it's a classic affordable meal
  • I think meatloaf is a dish that's meant to be experimented with, so I'm always looking for different meatloaf recipes to try
  • Overall, I thought this recipe offered an interesting twist on a classic recipe
  • So I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to spice up meatloaf night

• by Davis Tucker

I love meatloaf because I think it’s a classic affordable meal. Although I love making it and eating it, I don’t think there’s one perfect recipe for it. I think meatloaf is a dish that’s meant to be experimented with, so I’m always looking for different meatloaf recipes to try. I found this recipe for Pizza Pie Meatloaf in the Favorite Brand Name Simple 1-2-3 One Dish cookbook, and I wanted to try it simply because I love meatloaf and I love pizza.

Here is the ingredient list for Pizza Pie Meatloaf:

2 pounds of ground beef 1 1/2 cups of

shredded mozzarella cheese, divided 1/2 cup of unseasoned dry bread crumbs 1 cup of tomato sauce, divided 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese 1/4 cup of French’s Worcestershire Sauce 1 tablespoon of dried oregano leaves 1 plum tomato, sliced thinly 1/2 cup of sliced green bell pepper 1 1/3 cups of French’s French Fried Onions

Here are the recipe instructions: First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Next, combine the ground beef, 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce and oregano in a large bowl. Stir with a fork until well blended. Then,

• place the meat mixture into a 9×1-inch round baking pan. Bake for 35 minutes, or until no longer pink in the center, and drain the fat. Top with the remaining tomato sauce, sliced tomato, green bell peppers, mozzarella cheese and French fried onions. Finally, bake an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the onions are golden.

When I took it out of the oven, my Pizza Pie Meatloaf was very colorful and pleasing to the eye. I was really hoping it would taste as good as it looked, and it did. I’ve made several

recipes from the Favorite Brand Name Simple 1-2-3 One Dish cookbook, and for the most part I’ve really liked the recipes I’ve made. Although, I usually end up thinking that there are substitutions that could be made to improve the recipes. I liked the way the Pizza Pie Meatloaf tasted when I followed the directions exactly as stated. I’ll make it again, and I won’t use any substitutions or additions, which is what I usually do when I make a recipe for the second time from this cookbook.

Overall, I thought this recipe offered an interesting twist on a classic recipe. So I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to spice up meatloaf night.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4917051481230131/k2311a0517/5.17.11