Stuffed Green Peppers Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I really like stuffed peppers, but I was always afraid to make them, because I thought it would be too difficult
  • I finally decided to try making them when I found a recipe for Stuffed Green Peppers in one of my favorite cookbooks
  • I think a little extra spice would have been nice, so the next time I make them, I plan on substituting spicy sausage for Bob Evans Original Recipe Sausage

• by Davis Tucker

I really like stuffed peppers, but I was always afraid to make them, because I thought it would be too difficult. I’ve just always counted on my mother to make them for me, because she has a lot more patience than I do in the kitchen. I finally decided to try making them when I found a recipe for Stuffed Green Peppers in one of my favorite cookbooks. I found the recipe in the Favorite Brand Name Simple 1-2-3 One Dish cookbook, which is one of my favorites, because the majority of the recipes in it have simple and clear instructions, and the ingredients lists are never

excessive. I was really looking forward to try it, and expand my cooking skills.

Here is the ingredient list for Stuffed Green Peppers:

6 medium to large green bell peppers 1 pound of Bob Evans Original Recipe Roll Sausage 2 cups of tomato sauce 2 cups of water 1 small onion, chopped 1 cup of uncooked rice slice green onion (optional)

Here are the recipe instructions: First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Slice the tops off of the peppers and scrape out the centers to remove the seeds and membranes. Combine all of the remaining ingredients except the green onion in a medium bowl and mix well.

• Evenly stuff the peppers with the sausage mixture and place them into a lightly greased deep 3-quart casserole dish. Then bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 5 to 10 minutes more, or until the peppers are fork-tender and the filling is set. If desired, garnish with the green onion, then serve hot.

Overall, I was really happy with the outcome of my attempt to make this recipe. I couldn’t wait to try them. I was just hoping they would taste as good as I thought they looked. After tasting them, I thought they were very good. The peppers were perfectly

tender, and the sausage and tomato sauce blended nicely with the rice. I was very pleased with how they turned out, however, I thought a little extra flavor would have been a nice addition. I think a little extra spice would have been nice, so the next time I make them, I plan on substituting spicy sausage for Bob Evans Original Recipe Sausage.

I’m proud to own a copy of the Favorite Brand Name Simple 1-2-3 One Dish cookbook, because it taught me how to make a recipe that I was previously intimidated to make. I’m no longer afraid to make Stuffed Green Peppers, and I can’t wait to make them for my mother the next time she visits.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4917051481210131/k2311a0517/5.17.11