The 7 Day Diet  » Health  »
2.5
  • I found this diet plan online when I was searching for free diet plans
  • I didn't want to give up on my quest to find a diet that would work for me, but I didn't want to pay a lot of money for something not knowing if it would definitely help me
  • The 7 Day Diet looked interesting to me, because it's more of a guideline than a specific plan
  • I decided to try it, because I liked knowing that I would have at least a little freedom of choice over what I ate
  • Overall, I think I need a diet that's a little more structured, and a menu plan that's a lot more satisfying

• by Davis Tucker

The 7 Day Diet is one of numerous diets I’ve tried. I found this diet plan online when I was searching for free diet plans. I was tired of paying a lot of money for diet plans and diet foods that didn’t work for me. I didn’t want to give up on my quest to find a diet that would work for me, but I didn’t want to pay a lot of money for something not knowing if it would definitely help me. The 7 Day Diet looked interesting to me, because it’s more of a guideline than a specific plan. Specific food categories are outlined for each of the 7 days, but specific foods are not listed. I decided to try it, because I liked knowing that I would have at least a little freedom of choice over what I ate.

Here is the 7 Day Diet menu plan I followed:

Monday: all of the fruit you want except bananas Tuesday:

all of the vegetables you want - you can use soy sauce, vinegar or mustard Wednesday: all of the fruits and vegetables you want Thursday: 5 bananas with 5 glasses of milk Friday: 4 beef/chicken or fish steaks (approximately 3 ounces) with fresh vegetables Saturday: 4 beef steaks (approximately 3 ounces) with fresh vegetables Sunday: 4 beef steaks (approximately 3 ounces) with fresh vegetables

The day before I started, I stocked up on a variety of fruits, vegetables and the proper portions of meat I would need. I bought both fresh and canned fruits and vegetables to cut down on costs.

Although I liked being able to choose the fruits and vegetables I like, I think I actually would have welcomed a little more structure in this case. I decided to eat three meals a day. On the days that required four portions of meat, I had two portions for dinner.

I think I ate more fruits and vegetables that week than ...

• I usually eat in a year. That’s a slight exaggeration, but it isn’t an exaggeration to say that following the 7 Day Diet plan was a chore. I followed the diet plan exactly as it was outlined, and those 7 days seemed like the longest 7 days of my life. I was already agitated by Wednesday morning, but I didn’t give up, because I already felt invested. I know diets aren’t supposed to be fun, and I’m not going to absolutely love everything that I eat, but I thought the 7 Day Diet was a little extreme. I felt extremely agitated and deprived by the end of day 7, but I was also very proud of myself for making it to the end.

I didn’t weigh myself until the morning after the seventh day. The 7 Day Diet claims an approximate weight loss of 8 to 14 pounds, so I was anxious to weigh myself. I was really excited to see that I had actually

lost 11 pounds. I tried on my tight jeans and they weren’t tight anymore. However, my excitement didn’t last long at all. My thoughts immediately turned to eating all of the foods I’d been deprived of for an entire week. I wanted to eat all of the bread and cheese I could get my hands on.

The week after following the 7 Day Diet, I tried to eat sensibly in order to keep the weight off. That didn’t last long. I ended up eating even more than I regularly ate before the diet, because I tried to eat too many of the foods I felt I had been deprived of. By the end of the first week off of the diet, I had gained back 5 pounds.

The 7 Day Diet definitely wasn’t for me. I think it’s a decent jump start diet, but I would have appreciated some sort of follow-up guidelines. Overall, I think I need a diet that’s a little more structured, and a menu plan that’s a lot more satisfying.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3417051481200131/k2311a0517/5.17.11