One-Bowl Buttercream Frosting Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I like making boxed cake mixes, because they're easy to prepare
  • I found this recipe for One-Bowl Buttercream Frosting in the Favorite Brand Name Bake Sale Cookbook, and I fell in love with it the first time I made it
  • I decided to make it because it's a chocolate flavored frosting, and I was making a chocolate cake mix
  • I wanted to make a rich chocolate cake, and I thought this frosting turned out to be the perfect addition
  • So I'll definitely be making One-Bowl Buttercream Frosting again soon

• by Davis Tucker

I like making boxed cake mixes, because they’re easy to prepare. However, I’m not a big fan of the tubs of prepared frosting that the grocery stores sell. So I’ve been experimenting with different frosting recipes that I can use on my cakes. I found this recipe for One-Bowl Buttercream Frosting in the Favorite Brand Name Bake Sale Cookbook, and I fell in love with it the first time I made

it. I decided to make it because it’s a chocolate flavored frosting, and I was making a chocolate cake mix. I wanted to make a rich chocolate cake, and I thought this frosting turned out to be the perfect addition.

Here are the ingredients needed to make One-Bowl Buttercream Frosting:

6 tablespoons of butter or margarine, softened 2 2/3 cups of powdered sugar 1/2 cup of Hershey’s Cocoa or Hershey’s European Style Cocoa ...

• 1/3 cup of milk 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

To make this frosting, first beat the butter in a medium bowl. Then blend in the powdered sugar and cocoa alternately with milk. Beat well after each addition until smooth and of spreading consistency. Finally, blend in the vanilla and add additional milk if needed.

This frosting was rich and creamy, and I couldn’t get enough of it. I took a chocolate

cake with this frosting to a party, and the whole cake disappeared within minutes of slicing it. My friends wanted to know what my secret was, and I told them it was all in the frosting. The frosting was fantastic with the cake, and I thought it really brought my chocolate cake mix to a higher level. So I’ll definitely be making One-Bowl Buttercream Frosting again soon. I’m looking forward to trying it with a yellow cake mix next.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4917051481170131/k2311a0517/5.17.11