Green Beans with Blue Cheese and Roasted Peppers Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I found this recipe for Green Beans with Blue Cheese and Roasted Peppers in the Favorite Brand Name Simple 1-2-3 One Dish cookbook
  • I've never really liked green beans, but the picture of this dish in the cookbook looked so good that I decided to try it
  • I definitely don't eat enough green vegetables, so I'm always looking for recipes that will give me a new appreciation for the vegetables that I don't usually eat
  • Every single bite was delicious, and I liked it so much that I actually had two portions
  • I think this is a unique recipe with lots of great flavor, so I would recommend it for anyone who is searching for a creative way to prepare green beans

• by Davis Tucker

I found this recipe for Green Beans with Blue Cheese and Roasted Peppers in the Favorite Brand Name Simple 1-2-3 One Dish cookbook. I’ve never really liked green beans, but the picture of this dish in the cookbook looked so good that I decided to try it. I figured that if it tasted as good as it looked that I would be taking a step towards introducing more green vegetables into my diet. I definitely don’t eat enough green vegetables, so I’m always looking for recipes that will give me a new appreciation for the vegetables that I don’t usually eat.

Here is the ingredient list for Green Beans with Blue Cheese and

Roasted Peppers:

1 bag (20 ounces) of frozen cut green beans 1/2 jar (approximately 3 ounces) of roasted red pepper strips, drained and slivered 1/8 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon white pepper 4 ounces of cream cheese 1/2 cup of milk 3/4 cup of blue cheese crumbles 1/2 cup of Italian-style bread crumbs 1 tablespoon of butter, melted

Here are the instructions: First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 2-quart oval casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Combine the green beans, red pepper strips, salt and pepper in the prepared dish. Next, place the cream cheese and milk in a small saucepan and heat over low heat. Stir until melted. Add the ...

• blue cheese and stir only until combined. Pour the cheese mixture over the green bean mixture and stir until the green beans are coated. Then, combine the bread crumbs and butter in a small bowl and sprinkle them evenly over the casserole. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.

My casserole looked really good when it came out of the oven. Even though it looked good, I wasn’t sure whether or not I would like the way the green beans tasted. I was pretty surprised when I tasted it, and I actually thought it was outstanding. The combination of the green beans and peppers with the cheeses

was terrific. Also, the crispy bread crumb topping really seemed to pull the dish together. I was initially worried that the taste of the green beans would be completely overpowering, but that wasn’t the case at all. Every single bite was delicious, and I liked it so much that I actually had two portions.

Overall, I was very happy with this Green Beans with Blue Cheese and Roasted Peppers recipe. I plan on making it again, but the next time I think I’ll substitute fresh red peppers for the roasted red peppers in a jar. I think this is a unique recipe with lots of great flavor, so I would recommend it for anyone who is searching for a creative way to prepare green beans.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4917051481160131/k2311a0517/5.17.11