Rampal Latour Organic Soap Honey-Grapefruit bar 150 gm  » Health  »
  • I was impressed by everything about this soap
  • Normally, I avoid bar soaps until summer, when my skin is more oily and can handle it
  • I would highly recommend this wonderful French treasure for anyone who is a connoisseur of soaps

• by reviewabit

I went through a phase for awhile where I wanted to try every French soap there was. Then I started getting interested in organic and natural soaps, and here I have found the perfect combination of both in a honey-grapefruit bar that was given to me by a friend who ordered herself four different kinds of Rampal Latour soaps. If I remember correctly, it was me who got her interested in soap in the first place. I was impressed by everything about this soap.

The packaging is lovely. The soap is beautifully shaped and colored a beautiful cream color, and feels nice in your hand. It

is certified organic, the company is environmentally responsible, and does not test on animals.

Made in France, it is based on organic palm oil and sweet almond oil, with only natural fragrance added. It is a simple but beautiful recipe, and it is done correctly. The soap feels and looks first class, and you will see this as soon as you take it from the box.

The fragrance is sweet and crisp, with a fresh grapefruit tang and soft honey notes. I couldn’t even wait to try it out– I had to wash my hands with it before putting it in the shower. It lathers ...

• very easily and the lather is rich and lush.

It cleans well and quickly, rinses cleanly, and does not dry out your skin. My hands felt soft and smelled heavenly after I washed them. The scent it leaves on your skin is more like the honey note than the citrus, but strangely you can smell the citrus more while you are actually using the soap.

It just sort of disappears afterward. The next morning when I used it in the shower, I was even more pleased with the way it lathered into a bath puff, and I could tell that it was a solid bar of soap that was

going to last. I used it for most of the next month, and this was in the spring.

Normally, I avoid bar soaps until summer, when my skin is more oily and can handle it. In cooler months my skin dries out very easily. This soap did not give me any problems in the spring, even though it was not quite time for me to switch to my summer routine.

This means, for most people, that this is a very gentle and moisturizing soap. If it didn’t dry out my skin, it must be good. I would highly recommend this wonderful French treasure for anyone who is a connoisseur of soaps.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3417051480771231/k2311a0517/5.17.11