Cepacol Extra Strength Sore Throat Lozenges, Cherry Flavor  » Medicine  »
0.5
  • But, they just completely under-perform and I was so disappointed
  • It's so ineffective to me that I could not recommend it to anyone

• by WendyBird

I’ve tried various medications for sore throat over the years, and there are some I much prefer over others because of their effectiveness or how long lasting they are. Then there are some that I have tried and would never try again because they work so poorly. Cepacol Extra Strength Sore Throat Lozenges are one such medication.

They come in a box of 18 with the lozenges coming in blister packs. they certainly have a more medicinal look to the packaging than something like Halls

or Ludens does. Them being extra strength, I assumed they would really pack a wallop to my sore throat. But, they just completely under-perform and I was so disappointed.

The flavor is nice, being cherry and sort of sweet, but they also have a minty flavor as well. the ingredients are benzocaine for numbing sensation, and menthol as well. They can only be taken every two hours which meant, for me, that I did a lot of suffering while waiting until it was time ...

• to take another lozenge.

While I was sucking on the lozenge, they worked fine at getting rid of a little tickle, but they really didn’t help me when I had a raw feeling in my throat. But, every time I was finished with the lozenge, the pain would come back full force after 10 to 15 minutes. It was surprising to me because I assumed they would be stronger acting than my preferred Ludens or Halls. It just wasn’t the case.

The worse my throat was, they would not work where other brands would ease the pain and for a longer time. As far as the taste, I have no complaints, but there was no point in me continuing to buy this brand just because I liked the flavor.

It did nothing for me, wouldn’t even touch a scratchy throat and only seemed to relieve my aches when it was just a mild tickle. It’s so ineffective to me that I could not recommend it to anyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2617051480761231/k2311a0517/5.17.11