The Naked Bee Shampoo & Conditioner 6.7 oz  » Health  »
  • After I had fallen in love with a lotion that had the Naked Bee’s orange blossom scent, I found out that they also made a two-in-one shampoo and conditioner
  • It might have weighed it down a little on top, which can be a problem because my hair is thinning in that area so I like to keep it as “fluffy” as I can
  • I used a clarifying shampoo and this solved the problem
  • So now I know that I must take a break from the product once on awhile if using it often
  • Although it probably wouldn’t be my first choice if I was basing it on the results and not the scent, I think this is a product worthy of giving a shot– and if you don’t like it for your hair, it makes awesome body wash

• by reviewabit

After I had fallen in love with a lotion that had the Naked Bee’s orange blossom scent, I found out that they also made a two-in-one shampoo and conditioner. I couldn’t buy it fast enough. This is a natural product, without the usual detergents we see in mainstream brands.

There is no sodium lauryl sulfate or laureth sulfate, and no cocobetaine, although there is oleyl betaine, and a few other chemical names listed. It’s base is aloe leaf juice, panthenol, honey, beeswax, spirulina, kelp, arnica, white tea extract, lavender extract, calendula and alpine lichen with vitamin E.

I opened the tube to take a sniff and it was indeed the same wonderful fragrance as the lotion. I had

already decided, even before using the product, that if I did not like it for my hair, I would use it as shower gel and therefore have the perfect compliment to the lotion.

I tried the shampoo out the next day. It does not lather as much as detergent based shampoos do.

This is a common complaint about natural products, although you don’t actually need lather to clean your hair. I often end up using more of a natural shampoo than what is necessary because of this, so I was careful not to do that this time.

I did not want to waste this wonderful smelling stuff. With moderate lather, I got my hair cleaned, and I did ...

• not use any additional conditioner because I wanted to see if the product did indeed function well as a two in one.

(I also did not want to cover or alter the smell with another product!) My hair felt slightly heavy but conditioned. After drying it, over all it looked pretty good.

The product helped moisturize, and I did not have as much frizziness in the back of my hair. It might have weighed it down a little on top, which can be a problem because my hair is thinning in that area so I like to keep it as “fluffy” as I can.

I was pretty pleased with the results, and the fact that my hair

smelled nice for the rest of the day. I used the product for the next couple of weeks, then realized I was getting a little bit of buildup from it.

My hair seemed to be getting heavier and looking a bit flatter. I used a clarifying shampoo and this solved the problem.

So now I know that I must take a break from the product once on awhile if using it often. Although it probably wouldn’t be my first choice if I was basing it on the results and not the scent, I think this is a product worthy of giving a shot– and if you don’t like it for your hair, it makes awesome body wash.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3417051480721231/k2311a0517/5.17.11