Sukibody Butter Cream Healing Salve 2 oz
  • When I was shopping, and saw the word “buttercream” on a jar of salve, I think my diabetic subconscious sweet-craving alter ego took over and implanted the image of a huge buttercream frosted cake in my mind
  • I love butter cream anything, but this was not to be taken quite so literally
  • I decided this product might make a good hand and foot balm, so I bought the small jar
  • It works well, but is not the best thing for every day use

• by reviewabit

When I was shopping, and saw the word “buttercream” on a jar of salve, I think my diabetic subconscious sweet-craving alter ego took over and implanted the image of a huge buttercream frosted cake in my mind. I had to look more closely at the product. I love butter cream anything, but this was not to be taken quite so literally.

It is a 100% natural salve, containing grape seed oil, evening primrose, sunflower and apricot kernel oil, beeswax, cocoa butter, coconut oil, rice oil, shea butter, vitamin E, arnica, calendula, chamomile, lavender and comfrey extract, and essential oils for fragrance. You would probably

find it hard to add anything else to improve this recipe without it being overkill!

It is recommended to treat very dry and damaged skin, even dermatitis and eczema.

It has ingredients to soothe and calm inflammation, so it would be healthy for pretty much any skin condition, except oily skin, obviously. I decided this product might make a good hand and foot balm, so I bought the small jar.

I tried it out first on my hands. It is like a thick salve, and you simply let it melt a bit before rubbing it in.

I have to admit, it ...

• felt great– smelled really nice too, but it was a bit greasy. I have reserved it for very extreme dry and inflamed skin issues, for which it seems to work really well.

I used it on my feel when they got cracked and calloused (something we diabetics are not supposed to let happen!) And it worked very well, but I had to put it on before bed and wear socks over my feet, otherwise it would rub greasy residue all over the sheets. Walking around wearing it was out of the question.

Some of the product did absorb into the skin, but a great majority of

it stayed on top, and an oily layer. The positive thing about this is that there was no way your skin was going to dry out any further with what amounted to an oil-based deadbolt on top of it.

After treating my hands with the salve when they became a dry mess after painting a room and playing in water and paint all day, I had to wash several times before I could no longer feel the oil on my hands. For me, this salve was a little too much.

It works well, but is not the best thing for every day use. For an emergency, it is great.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3417051480681231/k2311a0517/5.17.11