Paul Mitchell Tree Shampoo, 8 ounce
1.5
  • I decided to buy an 8 ounce bottle which was expensive at $8
  • It took a good week of using the shampoo before I no longer had a dry scalp problem

• by WendyBird

My scalp gets dry and flaky sometimes, especially in winter, and I usually use something like Head & Shoulders. But, a friend of mine recommended Paul Mitchell Tree Shampoo because she uses it for her dry scalp, and she said it worked great. I decided to buy an 8 ounce bottle which was expensive at $8.

This shampoo has a strong scent of mint, and while it smells good, I was worried that I would walk around smelling like toothpaste. But, it

goes away after 20 minutes or less , after stepping out of the shower. It lathers nicely, though not as good as some of my other preferred shampoos. But, this is more of a medicated shampoo, and it lathers well enough, so I do not mind.

When using it, I let it sit on my scalp as I am washing my body because I can feel it start to tingle and I assume that is the medicine in it working. Then, I ...

• rinse my hair and leave the shower. It took a good week of using the shampoo before I no longer had a dry scalp problem. It really did wonders for my scalp and it didn’t flake or itch, or anything, anymore. It just looked and felt healthy.

But, it made my hair look and feel horrible. It just wasn’t the soft hair that it was before using the product. My hair, after that week, became lifeless and dull, and would

fall out because it would break off. I have to blame the shampoo because I wasn’t using anything else on my hair, because I wanted to see the results of the shampoo on my scalp. I didn’t even use a hair dryer during that period. I don’t know why it did that to me.

I liked the product, for what it did for my scalp, but I won’t use it again because of what it did to my hair. I would not recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3417051480591231/k2311a0517/5.17.11