Clairol Natural Instincts Vibrant #6 Fresh Maple/Light Brown haircolor kit  » Health  »
1.0
  • The last time I went shopping for hair color, I found that the new natural Instincts ten minute formula was on sale
  • I bought a box for my mother’s hair, and one for my own
  • The first thing I noticed that was kind of odd was that although the applicator bottle was the same size, after mixing the developer into it, it was less than half full
  • The other thing I thought was odd was that the color did not start to develop at all while I was working with it, and normally it has started by the time I get finished applying
  • I do NOT recommend this hair color at all

• by reviewabit

I regularly color my mother’s hair and my own, so that we do not have to pay salon prices. I have used a few brands, and usually stick with Loreal’s Feria. The last time I went shopping for hair color, I found that the new natural Instincts ten minute formula was on sale. I bought a box for my mother’s hair, and one for my own.

She cannot see well enough to color her own hair, so I have been doing this for her for several years, and she always used the “old” Natural Instincts, which she

left on for twenty minutes. It always covered her gray. The box contains the developer, color, conditioner tube, a touch up re-color packet for two weeks later, and two sets of gloves.

The first thing I noticed that was kind of odd was that although the applicator bottle was the same size, after mixing the developer into it, it was less than half full. The old version was at least 3/4 of the way full. I read and re read the instructions to be sure I had not done something wrong.

The product was very, very thin. It was almost like water, which made it hard to get into the hair without dripping it everywhere. My mother has very thin and short hair, and suffers hair loss on the crown and brow area.

In other words, she does not have a whole lot of hair, and this half a bottle was nowhere near enough even for her. I ended up having to try and squeeze product from other parts of her hair to cover the back. The other thing I thought was odd was that the color did not ...

•  Clairol Natural Instincts Vibrant #6 Fresh Maple/Light Brown haircolor kit
      start to develop at all while I was working with it, and normally it has started by the time I get finished applying.

On the plus side, it does not have a harsh feel or smell. It actually smells nice. I am wondering if that is because there is nothing actually in it– because once my mom had waited the ten minutes and rinsed her hair out, it had not covered all the gray– in fact, not even close.

Even the areas I am positive I saturated well were still lightly gray. This is the poorest performance

of a hair color I have ever seen. I don’t know what Clairol was thinking with this one, but they need to go back and start over.

Since my hair is hard to dye anyway, and I knew that there would be nowhere near enough product to cover my hair, I didn’t even use my box. I took it right back to the store and got an exchange for the Loreal. I do NOT recommend this hair color at all.

The “2″ I give them is for including the conditioner tube, which as always, is excellent.

Lilian Caravella says :

Just opened the box of Clairol Natural Insticts Vibrant. I`m a 1st time user of this product but noticed the colur activating creme is only 1 3 full. Is this correct? It doesn`t seem enough to cover most hair. Thank you, Lilian

reviewabit replies :

Hi Lillian, I also found that my kit did not contain enough product to cover the hair. The color also did not take at all. I was very unhappy with the product. You can call the 1 800 Clairol number to talk to a representative about the product. I did, and because I had such a poor experience with it, they sent me a coupon for a free box of the original Natural Instincts, which works much better than this new 10 minute stuff. Good luck. Sincerely, G

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3416051480340131/k2311a0516/5.16.11