Pedifix Visco-gel Heel-So-Smooth Heel Sleeves 1 pair, 1 size  » Health  »
  • I have used moisturizing socks before, and I found them to be effective most of the time, so when I went looking for a new pair, I decided to try these
  • I highly recommend these as therapy for anyone with cracked heels

• by reviewabit

I am diabetic, so it is important for me to take very good care of my feet, and this includes keeping them well moisturized so that they do not crack and cause me to get an infection which can end in disaster for diabetics. I have used moisturizing socks before, and I found them to be effective most of the time, so when I went looking for a new pair, I decided to try these. The majority of the dry skin I was having was on my heels, and I liked the fact that these sleeves did not require me to

wear a sock on my entire foot.

The toes were free to breathe! With it being summer time, this was a much better feel. These are basically sleeves with gel heels that deliver mineral oil to the skin constantly as long as you wear them.

As I have in the past with moisture socks, I used a cream in addition to this– and it is suggested and recommended that you do this. I have nothing against mineral oil, but I have some great shea butter and vitamin E creams that are just perfect for dry feet, and getting to use the ...

• two together really works a lot faster.

These sleeves are not practical for wearing to walk in. They are for resting or sleeping.

I generally either wear them overnight or while watching tv. I find them to be very comfortable.

They do not bind or cut into my feet at all. As long as you don’t try to walk around much in them, they will stay in place well.

Amazingly, you can even wash them and they will still continue to work afterward. I wold guess that mine lasted through three or four washes before I could tell any

difference in the performance.

Since you are only wearing them at night and probably on clean feet anyway, you don’t really have to wash them all that often, especially if you are using the same cream with them nightly. I used a vitamin E and shea butter cream that I had added some lavender oil and eucalyptus to, and the difference in how my feet felt and looked even from one night was pretty impressive.

After using them every night for a week, my feet looked like new and were very soft. No more cracks! I highly recommend these as therapy for anyone with cracked heels.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3416051480310131/k2311a0516/5.16.11