Solarcaine First Aid Medicated Spray  » Health  »
  • The main thing I like to use solarcaine for, because it was a lifesaver for me, when I was young, is to apply to sunburns
  • This is the best Solarcaine for sunburns, the original
  • I love Solarcaine and it helps me out a lot

• by WendyBird

I can remember my mom using Solarcaine First Aid Medicated Spray on my cuts and scrapes as a child, and it seems I always have it in stock in my medicine cabinet these days for the times my own child comes home with a scrape or cut and needs a little relief. Solarcaine comes in a spray can that holds 3 ounces of medicated product. It has an easy to remove cap but the top reminds me a lot of a can of spray paint’s cap.

I use this on my daughter’s scrapes if they really hurt her. The directions say to clean the wound first, so she always hates having to sit

through that, but the Solarcaine puts a protective layer on the scrape, and I don’t want the germs and dirt to get locked up in there. I spray it on her 2 to 3 times a day, whenever the pain relief wears off. It has stuff in it like Benzocaine and Triclosan in it to help with the pain and to kill germs. When it’s on, it takes the sting away from a cut or scrape and makes it less painful. I use it every now and then on myself, and I can still feel the effects of my scrape, but it is much less intense.

I just used it on my child’s ...

• first road rash and it immediately made her stop crying. The Solarcaine has a cool soothing effect along with the pain relief and it helped relieve her torn skin enough for her to allow me to clean it properly. To me, it feels a lot like putting a cool washcloth on it, or gives the same psychological satisfaction as when “mom” blows on it and makes the pain go away.

The main thing I like to use solarcaine for, because it was a lifesaver for me, when I was young, is to apply to sunburns. It immediately soothes the sunburn and cools it off and when I or my child get too much sun, we always

bring it out. I’ve tried another Solarcaine specifically for sunburns, but it doesn’t work at all. This is the best Solarcaine for sunburns, the original. I apply it often during the day if I am really red because the burn comes back after na hour or so, but by the second day I can tolerate it and no longer need the relief of the Solarcaine. When I put it on my face though, I have to do it with a washcloth because the directions say do not spray it on the face (it is not to be ingested). I love Solarcaine and it helps me out a lot. I would recommend it to anyone.

Solarcaine First Aid Medicated Spray

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3416051479941231/k2311a0516/5.16.11