Macrobid 100mg RX Antibiotic  » Medicine  »
  • I was pleased with how well it took care of my UTI, and having no side effects is a rare thing with me, so I was double impressed because of that
  • This is a prescription that I would recommend people with UTIs to ask their doctors about

• by WendyBird

Macrobid is a prescription antibiotic drug my doctor put me on when I had a bad reaction to Bactrim, and it’s a drug used to treat urinary tract infections. My doctor assured me it was safe, being that it is one that pregnant women usually use when they have UTIs. It is one of the first pills I’ve taken that I did not have a terrible reaction to.

Macrobid has so many side effects that are terrible, such as lung damage, nerve damage, liver damage, anemia, and renal failure. It’s lesser side

effects are the usual nausea and vomiting, along with loss of appetite. The only side effect I had while taking Macrobid, which is one my doctor pretty much assured me it would happen, is that I had dark yellow urine while on it, and that cleared up 2 days after my 10 day doseage. I had to take it twice a day with plenty of water and some food so that I wouldn’t get nausea.

My pills were fairly large, and were chalky white. I really do not like those kind because ...

• they are hard for me to swallow, but mostly that they taste terrible as they are going down. It feels like they coat my throat in chalk and I have that aftertaste all day long. It’s terrible. Another time I had them, they were in capsules, so I guess it depends on which pharmacy I got them at, which kind I would get. The capsules are much easier to swallow.

I started to feel better after a few days. The burning pain in my abdomen had lessened by the second

day and the stabbing pains were gone by Day 3. I felt completely cured by the 4th day, but I kept taking it until my 10 days were over, to be sure to kill the bacteria. I was pleased with how well it took care of my UTI, and having no side effects is a rare thing with me, so I was double impressed because of that. This is a prescription that I would recommend people with UTIs to ask their doctors about. It worked wonders for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2616051479931231/k2311a0516/5.16.11